two

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Two and a half years ago

She was late, Aleta was very very late. It was her first day working at the Ark Station Medical. She, along with Clarke, would be shadowing doctors, like her mom and Abby Griffin and it was an amazing opportunity. But, of course, Aleta Correia was late.

She quickly ran down the corridors of the Ark, trying to get to medical as soon as possible. As she ran, she received looks from the onlookers but she wasn't worried about them. Aleta weaved through the different people and turned many corners as she tried to get to where she needed to be.

Running on the Ark probably wasn't a good idea seeing as a guard could stop her at any moment and give her shit. But honestly, Aleta couldn't care less. After a few more minutes of running, she finally made it onto the Government & Science Station and sprinted to medical.

When she finally got there, she was out of breath and rested her hands on her knees as she attempted to get her breathing back to normal. "You're late," a voice whispered softly. Aleta looked up to see Clarke standing in front of her. "I know," Aleta replied, still gasping for air. "You were supposed to be here forty five minutes ago," a new voice said.

Both girls turned their heads to the voice and Aleta sighed when she saw Abigail Griffin. "I know. And I'm very sorry," Aleta apologized. "Do you wanna tell me why you're late?" Abby asked. Aleta shook her head. "Not really. It'll just be an excuse and excuses are useless," she responded.

"You overslept, didn't you?" Clarke asked trying to hold back her laugh. "No," Aleta denied, though it was an obvious lie. "Well, your mother and I had originally planned on having you and Clarke observe a surgery and help treat patients, but since you were late, you won't be doing that. Instead, you're gonna take inventory of all the medicine, make sure it's all accounted for. Jackson will show you what to do," Abby sayid with a smirk.

Aleta's jaw dropped. "But—" Abby cut her off. "Uh uh, excuses are useless," she mocked, motioning for Clarke to follow her. Clarke gave Aleta an apologetic shrug and followed after her mother. Aleta released an annoyed breath and went to find Jackson.

····

After many hours of doing boring stuff, Aleta was allowed to leave. She entered her living quarters, releasing a tired sigh. Her father stood in the small kitchen and turned to her as he heard her come in. He smiled but it drops to a look of concern when he saw her face. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" He asked, walking over to her.

"No dad. Nothing happened. Nothing at all," she replied glumly as she took a seat in a chair. "Why so glum?" He asked. She sighed, "I was late to medical today and Abby stuck me with the boring stuff to do."