thirteen

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

The group continued walking for hours until eventually the sun came up. As Aleta walked over the rocky terrain, she desperately tried to keep herself from falling. Finn sighed in defeat, "I got nothing. We lost the trail."

"Keep looking," Bellamy commanded. Everyone continued looking around. Roma walked over to Aleta and tapped her shoulder. Aleta turned her head and gave the girl a look of both curiosity and annoyance. "How do you know Bellamy?" Roma asked. "What's it to you?" Aleta replied. "I'm just curious, that's all," she replied with a shrug.

"Well, it's not really any of your business," Aleta snapped, the bandana around her face muffling her voice slightly. Roma let out a chuckle before sighing. "I take it you two have some sort of deep history together," the girl said. "Look, I don't know you and you don't know me. My past isn't really any of your business," the dark haired girl said. She kept her eyes straight ahead as she continued walking. "Was it serious or something? Were you guys best friends until he ditched you for someone else?" Roma pried and Aleta contemplated slapping the girl in the face.

The dark haired girl rolled her eyes and sighed in annoyance. "We used to date. There, are you happy?" Aleta answered. "So you are the girl," Roma said quietly in confirmation. "What girl?" Aleta asked in confusion. "When we first came down, I wanted to hook up with Bellamy. A lot of the girls in camp did. But he didn't want to because he said there was a girl that he really cared about that he's not completely over. Now I know for sure that it's you," Roma explained.

"I don't see why he wouldn't move on. He broke up with me," Aleta replied, her eyes falling to the uneven terrain. Roma rolled her eyes. "So? That doesn't mean that he doesn't still have feelings for you," she said. "He doesn't. He told me that he didn't," Aleta quietly replied. Roma frowned, "Look, I just wanted to apologize. I shouldn't have said what I did. And, I'm sorry. I just really like Bellamy."

"It's fine. Apology accepted," Aleta said as the two continued walking. Roma looked at her in surprise, "Just like that?" She asked. "Uh, yeah. It wasn't that big of a deal. And, I don't like holding grudges. Although I will if I feel it's necessary," Aleta answered.

"Oh and a word of advice, unless you want to get your heart broken, I suggest you find another boy to fawn over. Because Bellamy Blake isn't worth it and no one deserves to go through something like that," Aleta added. Roma nodded slightly before turning her head to look at Aleta's face. "Bellamy is an idiot for letting someone as pretty and nice as you go," Roma said. Aleta blushed lightly at the compliment, her heart fluttering in her chest. But before she could respond, Roma continued, "But I still think he's so hot." At that, Aleta rolled her eyes.

"Wandering around aimlessly isn't the way to find your sister. We should backtrack—" Finn began, pulling the girls out of their conversation. Bellamy abruptly cut him off. "I'm not going back," he said with finality in his tone.