twenty four

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Aleta awoke with a stabbing pain in her head. Her vision was blurry and as soon as she opened her eyes, she closed them again. Her head hurt and she squeezed her closed eyes tighter. She groaned in pain and rolled onto her side. She reached a hand up to her head and winced.

That all too familiar black blood coated her fingers as she pulled them away. She didn't need to open her eyes to know that. Her mind slowly worked to remember what had happened. She remembered hunting. The tracks being too perfect. Myles. Clarke. Finn. Grounders. Aleta's eyes opened again and she willed them to stay that way.

From the ground, she tried to take in as much of her surroundings as possible. She then slowly sat up and let her eyes scan the area. There was no one. No Clarke. No Finn. No grounders. Where's Myles? There was no way that the grounders would have taken him. He was injured. Unless they planned on using him for something. But why had they left her? She then recalled playing dead. She didn't think that that would work. Faint groans could be heard from behind her.

Aleta turned her head as slowly as possible to avoid her vision blurring. It didn't help much. By now, the sun seemed to be getting ready to set. Aleta blinked her eyes rapidly to get them to clear. The groans got louder and she squinted her eyes. "Myles?" Her voice came out rasped. The groans stopped and Aleta froze.

"Aleta?" A small voice whispered back. Aleta crawled closer to where the groans originated from. Myles came into view and she let out a breath of relief. "How are you here? I thought the grounders took you too," Myles whispered before his face contorted in pain. "That doesn't matter right now. What matters is getting you out of here," Aleta responded.

She then scanned her surroundings for something that she could use to help him. There was nothing. "All right, I'm not gonna pull the arrows out. That could cause more harm than good. But I need to find something to slow the bleeding," she told him. She looked around again before her eyes landed on him. More specifically, his jacket. "Okay, I'm gonna need your jacket," she informed.

Myles coughed briefly. "My jacket?" He muttered. "Yeah I'm gonna have to take it off," Aleta said. Myles breathed heavily and nodded. "O-okay," he stuttered. Aleta nodded her head and looked down at him again before slowly getting to her feet. She crouched slightly and got her arms underneath his armpits. She then began dragging him toward the nearest tree. She then slowly slipped the jacket off of one of his arms.

He let out a grunt but Aleta ignored it. When it came to getting the jacket off of his other arm, Aleta paused. The arrow in his shoulder went through the jacket. "Okay. It's no big deal. I can do this," she mumbled to herself. She squinted her eyes as she tried to think. "I need something sharp. Do you have something sharp?" She asked Myles who shook his head.