twenty two

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

When Aleta woke up again, all of her muscles ached. A dull, aching throb was felt in her injured arm and she released a short groan, lifting her head. She let her eyes flit around the darkened dropship. Elijah was nowhere in sight. Aleta sighed and slowly sunk back into the hammock. An involuntary groan left her lips and she squeezed her eyes shut as pain shot up her back.

Feet shuffled over to her form and she peeled her eyes open as she heard the footsteps. In the dim light, Aleta could barely make out the form of John Murphy. In his hand was a metallic cup. He held it out to her. "Here, drink this," John said. The dark blood that dried on his face looked darker with the lack of light.

Aleta lifted her head slightly and reached out for it. Her hand shook, which John took notice of. So instead of placing the cup in her hand, he brought it up to her lips. Aleta opened her mouth slightly and John tilted the cup back. She felt the water against her lips before actually taking a sip. The cooling liquid soothed her aching throat.

When she swallowed the last of the water, she leaned back into the hammock. "Thank you," she croaked. John nodded response. He then looked down at her and studied her features. Her blood looked extremely dark in the dimly lit dropship but her didn't comment on it. Aleta shifted uncomfortably before staring at him warily. "I guess you're feeling better," she noted, breaking the tense silence. He nodded his head. Silence. He finally opened his mouth to say something but stopped when Octavia walked over.

John excused himself as Octavia stepped over to the hammock. "Hey, you're awake," the younger girl said. "I feel like I'm dying," Aleta muttered. "Well, you're not. You're gonna be okay," Octavia replied. She then pressed a wet rag against Aleta's face and began wiping away the blood. She squeezed the rag out before rewetting it and placing it onto her forehead, beginning to dab it. "Who would've thought that I, Octavia Blake would be taking care of Aleta Correia, designated doctor," Octavia commented.

Aleta grinned slightly. "I'm not a doctor," she pointed out. Octavia shrugged, "You're close enough." Aleta smiled wider, with much effort, and Octavia smiled as well. "Have you been taking care of everyone here?" Aleta questioned. Octavia nodded her head. "I've been doing whatever I can. Well, what Clarke told me to do," she said. "How is Clarke?" Aleta questioned next. "She'll be fine," Octavia replied. Aleta nodded slightly.

Octavia grew quiet, looking over at the dark haired girl nervously. "Aleta..." she trailed off before taking a breath, unsure of how to word the question. "How come your blood is different?" She whispered. Aleta's head turned and she met her gaze. "I don't know. It just is," she replied. "Has it always been like that?" Octavia asked next. Aleta attempted to shrug, "I guess so. I can't really remember the last time I've actually bled before coming down to the ground." Octavia nodded her head slowly. "Should I be worried?" The question fell from her mouth before she could stop it.