eighteen

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Aleta was walking aimlessly throughout the camp. There were a few people milling around and working but, the majority of the campers were gathered around a small screen. It was Unity Day and Chancellor Jaha was giving them all a speech. The dark haired girl walked over to the crowd and stood in the back of the bunch, barely listening to what the man had to say.

Aleta never liked Unity Day. Her parents always tried to force the celebration on her but she just didn't like the story behind the event. She couldn't understand why people would want to spend time celebrating the day The Ark blew another ship out of the sky for not wanting to unite with them.

On The Ark, she usually stayed in her home curled up in bed and reading the same old book over and over again while everyone else was out celebrating. If she wasn't reading, she was rewatching some old TV show or busying herself in her work. Anything to keep her mind off of all things Unity Day.

"Whoo! Yeah! Monty strikes again! Hey! Call this batch Unity Juice! Who's thirsty?" Jasper called loudly to the group. Cheers and shouts filled the air as the delinquents walked over to where Jasper stood pouring drinks for people. Aleta rolled her eyes, a small smile playing on her lips as she watched the eager campers.

The brunette's eyes swept over the campers until they landed on Raven. The two had talked and sort of made up. Aleta didn't like holding grudges and she and Raven had been friends for way too long to not forgive her after she had apologized relentlessly. Aleta still didn't like what she had done, but it was in the past and they had to move forward now.

Aleta made her way over to the girl and stood next to her, crossing her arms over her chest. "You gonna get some of that 'Unity Juice'?" Raven questioned with a small smirk. Aleta looked down at the slightly shorter girl and rolled her eyes.

"I think I'll pass," she responded. Raven nudged her, "Awe come on! I wanna see drunk Aleta. You're very fun to be around when you're drunk." Aleta glared at the girl whose smirk turned into a grin. "That was one time," Aleta deadpanned and Raven scoffed. "Oh really, because I can name a number of times that you've gotten drunk. Underage drinking is illegal on The Ark, you know," Raven said.

"That didn't stop you now did it? And besides, anytime I got drunk it was because of you. Or Sarai. And I haven't gotten drunk that many times on The Ark," Aleta defended. "I know, I was just joking. But the few times that you were drunk, you got pretty wild," Raven said, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"I have never gotten drunk to the point where I would do anything crazy," the dark haired girl said. Raven chuckled, "You have but you don't remember." Aleta's blue eyes glared into Raven's brown ones again and the shorter girl chuckles. "Relax, Leti. I'm just stating facts," Raven defended. "You know, I'm surprised your parents never found you drunk. They're literally always in your business," Raven added as an after thought.