seventeen

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

The depot was dark. The air was stale and moist and made Aleta want to gag. "Here," Clarke said, handing a flashlight to the two. "You really think this place hasn't been touched since the war?" Bellamy asked aloud. "A girl can dream. Come on," Clarke said and Aleta followed after her.

They descended down another set of stairs. A skeleton was laid on the stairs and Aleta felt like gagging again. "Hell of a place to die," Bellamy said. "So much for living down here," Clarke muttered. "Yeah, this place is disgusting," Aleta spoke.

"Dammit," Clarke said in frustration. They continued walking and Aleta scrunched up her nose in disgust at the place. "Anything left down here is ruined," Bellamy pointed out. "Well this just sucks," Aleta mumbled. Aleta tuned out whatever conversation Bellamy and Clarke were having and began looking through boxes.

"Hey, I found blankets," Clarke said happily and Aleta walked over to her. "Excited about a couple of blankets?" Bellamy questioned walking up to them. "It's better than nothing," Aleta retorted. "How about a canteen or a med kit or a decent freaking tent," Bellamy said angrily as he walked around the room.

He shouted in frustration and kicked a container over. "So dramatic," Aleta muttered to herself. "Oh my God," Bellamy then quietly expressed. "What?" Clarke and Aleta asked. They walked over to Bellamy's crouched form and he held up a rifle. Bellamy smiled widely and Aleta's eyes narrowed. "You're happy that you found a bunch of guns? Really?" She asked him.

Bellamy stood up and went to grab a blanket. He drew an 'X' on it and hung it up. "This changes everything. No more running from spears. Ready to be badass guys?" He asked the two, though his eyes were trained on Aleta. The brunette girl scoffed. "I don't need, nor do I want, to be a badass, Bellamy," she said and he smirked.

"Look, I'm not gonna fight you on bringing guns back to camp. I know we need them, but don't expect me to like it," Clarke said.

"We're lucky the rifles were packed in grease. The fact that they survived means we're not sitting ducks anymore. You two need to learn how to do this," Bellamy said. "We don't need to do anything," Aleta responded and he glared at her. "You need to learn to protect yourself," he argued.

"I can protect myself just fine," Aleta countered. "You sure about that Clumsy?" He asked, using a nickname he had given her back on the Ark after she tripped and fell in the Ark Library.

"Fine," she grumbled, picking up a rifle. He smiled victoriously and walked over to her. She almost dropped the gun, not expecting it to weigh as much as it did. Clarke moved away from them and picked up a rifle of her own. "Do I put this on my shoulder or something?" Aleta asked him.

"Yeah, uh. A little higher," Bellamy said, walking up behind her. He placed his hand on her back and she tensed a little. Aleta raised the gun higher onto her shoulder. "Like this?" She asked. Bellamy shook his head, "No. Here." He adjusted her shoulders slightly and raised the gun a little higher. His face is close to hers and she held her breath. "Now you just aim and shoot," he whispered and Aleta suppressed a shiver.