twenty nine

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Aleta was still pretty out of it when she groggily woke up. She blinked rapidly as her eyes tried to adjust to the white room that she was in. It took her a moment to realize that she was lying in a bed instead of the hard ground or metal dropship floor. It startled her but she was still too exhausted to move, despite her attempts to do so. Aleta's eyes dropped closed and she took in a breath.

The bed that she lay in was comfortable. Maybe a little too comfortable. Her eyes felt extremely heavy but she finally managed to force them to stay open. She felt weak but managed to sit up and took in the room that she was in.

It was completely white and extremely bright. A medical tray was abandoned at one of the far walls. The remaining contents of the room were unfamiliar to her. She looked around the room again before looking down at her arm. An IV protruded from her arm and connected to it was a tube. She could see her blood flowing out of her body and through the tube.

Panic began to spread through her and she quickly began to take out the IV. She could barely feel her fingers and because of this, managed to, unintentionally, rip it out to harshly. Her blood spilled out of the injury she caused and she hissed. She placed her hand over the hole and slid out of bed, landing on her side. She grunted and slowly got to her feet. She was barefoot and linoleum floor was cold. She followed where the IV tube led to see a bag of black liquid, hanging from the IV stand. Her blood.

The bag was barely filled, meaning they, whoever they were, had just begun taking blood out of her. She hoped that there weren't any other bags of her blood around there. She looked around the room for something sharp. Her eyes landed on the medical table again and she shakily walked toward it. On the table, she spotted a scalpel. She shook her head. "Idiots," she muttered.

She briefly leaned against the rolling table and took a breath, feeling lightheaded. She grabbed the scalpel and walked back over to the IV tube. She stabbed the scalpel into the tube and cut it open, her blood spilling onto the floor. The blood collected in the bag was next and she repeatedly stabbed it until the scalpel cut into it. Dragging the scalpel downward, she cut it open. The black liquid spilled onto the once white floors.

"Good luck using my blood now," she muttered. Her head was pounding and she closed her eyes at the pain, lifting her hand to her head. She felt a stinging in her upper arm and noticed the bandage wrapped around it. She looked at it in confusion before remembering how she got it. The grounder.

The battle began to slowly trickle back into her memory. All the way until the canisters were thrown at them and the red smoke began to choke and suffocate her. Where the hell am I? Where are my friends? Aleta moved to the door of the room. She grabbed the handle and quickly turned it. It didn't budge. Of course it didn't why would it? The door had no window or anything, so she couldn't see anything outside of the room she was in.