sixteen

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

When Aleta entered the second floor of dropship the next morning, she was surprised to see Bellamy sitting on a crate. She was even more surprised to see Nathan lying on the floor and groaning in front of the grounder.

"What happened?" She asked, walking over to the fallen boy and kneeling next to him. Bellamy jumped slightly upon hearing her voice before rolling his eyes. "Miller smeared berries on the grounder's face and the grounder head-butted him," he replied smoothly.

Aleta failed to conceal her laughter at his words and looked down at Nathan. "You're an idiot," she muttered to him, only to receive a groan in return. She helped him up and led him down the ladder steps, helping him lay down on the first level of the dropship. "Don't move you dumbass," she said before walking back up the ladder and re-entering the second level.

"What are you even doing up here? Brainstorming ideas on how to kill him?" Aleta asked Bellamy who sighed in annoyance. "Oh, you're talking to me now?" He asked and she rolled her eyes. "I was talking to you a minute ago," she pointed out. "What, no lecture on how what I did was wrong? You're not gonna tell me how disappointed you are in me and that I'm a better person than this?" He questioned.

"Nope. I'm not gonna waste my breath because this new you, doesn't care what I have to say. So why bother?" She replied, walking past him and toward the grounder. "What are you doing up here?" Bellamy asked instead of acknowledging what she had said.

"Checking up on my new friend," she answered nonchalantly. "New friend? You don't even know this guy. And he sure as hell doesn't know you," Bellamy said in mild confusion and frustration. "Well he's currently a lot more fun to be around than the people that I do know. And he doesn't even talk so, that should really tell you something," Aleta responded. "I don't know why you're taking his side," Bellamy said, growing even more frustrated.

"I'm not taking sides," Aleta stated simply. She helped the grounder drink some water and he sighed in what seems like appreciation. "His people, killed our people," Bellamy said.

"I know that," Aleta snapped, glaring over at him. She wasn't stupid, she had witnessed it. She was there. But he also helped them when his people were trying to kill the rest of them. He had the fog horn so he must have blown it, right?

"But that doesn't give you a reason to lose your humanity," she continued. Aleta placed the makeshift cup on the ground. "Besides, he helped your sister and I'm pretty sure he helped us by blowing that fog horn when his people were trying to kill the rest of us," she voiced before walking towards the ladder.

She prepared herself to climb down but stopped. "I don't know what happened to you Bell, but I don't know who you are anymore. And honestly, that really sucks," she finished and then climbed down the ladder. She glanced around the first level of the dropship as she stepped off the ladder.