twenty eight

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Aleta grabbed the wire she was looking for and began to climb back up the ladder. It was a repetitive process. Look for a wire or component, find that wire or component, bring it back up to Raven to do what she did. Aleta climbed all the way out of the hole and carefully handed Raven the wire.

"This is it, right?" She asked. Raven took the wire and examined it before nodding. "Can you hand me that knife?" Raven asked, pointing across the dropship. Aleta eyed the knife at the table. "I'd get it but..." Raven trailed off and motioned at herself. Aleta nodded and walked over to the table. She carefully grabbed the hilt of the knife and made her way back over to Raven. She handed her the knife.

"Raven, we can't find the ignition system," Clarke called from down below. Raven didn't respond and Aleta looked at her in concern. "Raven?" She asked. "I can't feel my legs," Raven said. Aleta dropped down next to her as Clarke and Finn climbed up the ladder. Aleta gently pushed Raven's upper body forward and the brunette grunted in pain. Clarke pushed up Raven's shirt.

The two examined Raven's back and Aleta's heart dropped. The bruise-like area was an indicator of internal bleeding. She and Clarke looked at each other. "That bad, huh?" Raven asked. Aleta helped her sit back up normally. "Raven. The bullet's in your spine. You're bleeding internally," Aleta informed her.

"We better do this fast then, huh? Get back down there," Raven said. Clarke began to do just that when Finn stopped her. "What if we can slow the bleeding? Would that help?" Finn asked. "Well, of course it would help. Can you tell me how to do that?" Clarke replied. "That stuff the grounders had, coagulant. You said that Lincoln had some, too," Finn said.

"Yeah, it's in the box with the antidote, but I—" Finn cut her off, "I'm betting that there's more of it in his cave. If I can get there—" Raven cut him off this time. "Wait a second. No."

"I can make it," he told her. "Clarke, tell him he's being an idiot," Raven said to the blonde who remained quiet. "Raven," Finn began. "What? I'm not gonna let you die to save me," Raven said. "Fine. If you won't let me save you, how about we save everybody else? You're the only one who can fire those rockets. If you die, we all die," he said. Aleta had to admit, he did have a point.

"I'll be right back," he said. "Finn, wait. Wait," Clarke called after him. She ran over to him and the two conversed quietly. Aleta looked over at Raven and took her hand. "He's gonna be okay. And so are you. Now let's get back to work," she told her.

Aleta watched Finn leave before standing up and going back down the ladder.

••••