twenty

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Aleta itched at the shirt that was tightly wrapped around her injured arm. She carefully stepped around the rubble of the Exodus ship crash. Many of the other campers scoured the wreckage, looking for something. Anything.

Aleta walked alone, not in the mood to be with anyone else. None of them understood. Except for Clarke. Maybe Bellamy. But it was obvious that Clarke wanted to be alone as well. Aleta carefully looked through the debris, hoping to find survivors. She found none.

Bellamy watched her from where he stood, a rifle in his tight grip. He knew that she wanted to be alone. But he didn't want to leave her alone. He knew that it was a recipe for disaster and that if she kept her emotions bottled in, she would self destruct.

Aleta hadn't spoken to him, or anyone, since last night. No one pushed her to talk. Not Raven, who had originally planned to talk to Aleta about her drunken confession. That was before the ship had crashed and she decided against it. Elijah also didn't push her to talk. Despite this, the two desperately wanted to help her. But they knew that there was nothing that they could do.

The charred remains of a person caused Aleta to stop. She stared down at the body, a sad look in her eyes. This could be my mom. Or dad. Or Abby. "Hey," Elijah said, standing next to Aleta. She didn't respond, eyes still on the corpse.

"I know you want to be alone, and I respect that. But I'm a little worried about you. Scratch that, a lot worried. I won't force you to talk to me, but please try to talk to someone. Like Clarke," Elijah says. Aleta blinked, not removing her eyes from the corpse.

"The Exodus ship that my parents were supposedly on crashed last night. They're probably dead and you want me to talk about that, Elijah? I don't want to talk about anything. I just want to know if my parents are actually dead," Aleta said. Elijah looked down, his eyes travelling to where hers were looking.

He looked away from the corpse, placing his hands on her forearms and turning her away from the body. "Don't look at that," he mumbled. "Do you think that's one of my parents? Or Abby?" Aleta asked him, turning her head to look at the body again. "Aleta, stop it," the boy said, turning her head away from the body.

"Don't do that, okay? Don't do that to yourself," he said. "Don't tell me what to do," she replied, pulling her arms from his hands and walking past him. "Stay sharp. Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming. It's just a matter of when," Bellamy commanded.

Aleta looked around the area once more before releasing a shaky breath. She took a seat on the ground, away from some debris. She looked at her injured arm in annoyance. "Clarke stop!" Raven called to the girl. She lifted her head up to see Raven running towards the blonde. Aleta then looked down at the ground, ignoring everyone else.