Chapter 12-Sang

Walking back over to my house with a little extra spring in my step, I call out to Kota as I walk up behind him.

"Hey, Kota," my megawatt smile clear in my voice. "I really wanna thank you again for doing this."

By now I'm on the step in front of him and I almost sigh aloud at the way the light from the sun shines in his eyes, making the jade color sparkle intensely. His lips form a wide smile as he takes me in before returning my greeting.

"Morning Sang, and really, it's no trouble. I hope you like pancakes."

"Love em."

With my cheeks aching from smiling so much, I open my door and let him in, leading him down the hall to the kitchen.

"Sorry the place looks like such a mess. Like I mentioned last night I just moved in a few days ago and I'm still working on repairs."

"You did all of this by yourself?" he asks, taking a seat next to me at the breakfast nook.

"Everything that's done inside was mostly me. Although I have to thank my noesy neighbor and his grumpy friend for the windows and my chimney, unfortunately." I tell him with a barely suppressed eye roll.

"Nosey and Grumpy huh?" he asks with a smile, pulling out the food from the bag. "I didn't know the dwarves added a new brother."

"Ha, that's actually pretty funny. Although this guy can hardly be considered a dwarf. Then again, I'm only 5'3" so I could probably be considered a dwarf."

"A really cute dwarf," he winks.

The blush that I feel crossing my cheeks is nothing compared to the heat I feel as Kota's gaze follows the blush down to my chest where it gets covered by my shirt. The tips of his ears tint pink as his own blush makes his eyes dart away. We both let loose a little chuckle to dispel the tension and get to eating the food.

Halfway through the amazing pancakes and eggs, I get up to pour us two glasses of juice, and retake my seat next to him. We're having a light conversation, getting to know one another, and planning our deception, when there's a knock on the front door.

"Guess that's the plumber," I tell him, standing up from my seat. "Read to put on a show?"

Kota's face drops into a little frown, but before I can comment on it, it's gone, and the knocking has started up again. Shaking it off, I leave the kitchen and walk down the hallway to the front door.

I open it to reveal the same plumber from last night, his brown eyes now soulful in the morning light, and his...helper? There's a guy standing next to him, also in blue coveralls, but much more attractive than your run of the mill plumbers.

Is Korba and Sons filled with hot plumbers?

This new guy is a bit shorter than Silas, with reddish brown hair, leaning more on the red side, with muscles on top of muscles. They're straining the fabric of his uniform as if they want to burst free.

Who knew plumbers were so ripped? I mean, ok, yeah they should be in shape to get the job done, but this is nuts!

My eyes drift down to his wide chest where a name tag rests on his left pectoral muscle, with the name Nathan. His chest moves as he clears his throat, and my eyes dart up to his, only to get caught in a serious sea of blue. I could swim in that sea for days and never tire.

"Um, hi." I greet lamely.

"Good morning," Nathan smiles.

God! What is with hot guys and smiles these days?