✙ Chapter 24 ✙

Hey!

So, I've been reading some comments and I've read quite a few about Nora. Most of them were along the lines of that she's a brat, a b*tch, and overall, just plain annoying. She's a strong character; I feel like some people expected or wanted her to let Drew in right away, maybe have her being weak. I, personally, don't like weak female characters. She grew up hunting werewolves after her mother was murdered by them, then an Alpha is forcing himself into her life. She isn't going to accept it quickly, so be patient! Understand the position she's in! Oh, and I've read a few about her blaming everything on the mate pull - she's stubborn. She'll blame anything to convince herself she's not starting to have feelings! This wasn't intended to be rude, btw.

Thanks for reading :)

~ Lissa

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I. Can't. Do. This!" Brody heaved, crouched over with his hands on his knees. Two days later, I found myself outside with the entire pack, practicing defense strategies. Drew's pack was larger than I thought, consisting of over eighty people, ranging from different ages. Some fought in their wolf forms while others fought against each other in their weaker state - their human form; apparently, Drew wanted everybody to be able to defend themselves both ways, just in case. I mean, if a werewolf was severely injured, it was possible for them to change back into their human form without realizing. He believed that his pack needed to be able to defend themselves in a situation like that, pushing past the pain.

I placed my hands on my hips. "Brody, you've only been doing this for five minutes."

My eyes shifted towards his combat partner, Hulk. Sweat dotted his tan skin from the sun beaming down on us and unlike his partner, he didn't look the least tired. I didn't understand why the two were placed together; Hulk was massive while Brody was scrawny. Brody straightened up, waving his hand at him, frantically. "But, look at him! He's gigantic! Look at his freaking arms! He could rip me in half!"

Hulk rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to rip you in half, Brody."

"You could!"

"Well, yeah," Hulk responded, shrugging his shoulders. "But, your sister would kill me if I did." I fought back a grin as Brody groaned, dramatically. Despite him being my closest friend, I hadn't told him about the conversation with Caine, yet. For one, I didn't know how I was going to tell him and two, I didn't fully believe what Caine told me. He claimed that my mother was his mate and when she gave birth, I wasn't breathing. With this, he brought me back to life, which stained my soul. The red-eyes are capable of sensing his power on my soul and their leader wants me dead because I'm considered a threat, for some odd reason. That pretty much summed up our conversation; if only it was that easy to speak about.

"Come on, can I have a new partner?" Brody pleaded, desperately.

I raised an eyebrow. "I don't decide that."

"Alpha Drew does, but you're his mate," he said, grabbing my forearm. "Tell him to put me with someone else; please, I don't want to die!"

"Brody, I'm not going to kill you!" Hulk shouted, shaking his head.

Brody glanced at him, before leaning in close to me. "He knows that I ruined his Jordans - trust me, he's planning on killing me in that evil mind of his!" I rolled my eyes, tugging my arm out of his grip. I looked at Hulk who was frustrated, probably because he didn't want Katie finding out that her brother was terrified of her mate. I glanced around the area, seeing wolves lunging at each other and some being knocked off their feet. My eyes landed on Drew who was giving advice to an unfamiliar male, a serious expression on his face. I was debating whether or not to call him over; maybe handle the situation.