✙ Chapter 25 ✙

Hey!

So, I don't really have much to say, except that if you're wanting me to respond back to you or if you have any questions, inbox me or write on my message board! Sometimes, your comments don't appear on my home page! Hope you enjoy this chapter :)

~Lissa

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Noah's POV)

"You'll be fine once you throw up," Kyle said, before wrapping his lips around the rim of his beer bottle and taking a sip with an exaggerated moan of pleasure. Kyle's father was close with mine, which practically made him family - while the majority of us didn't share the same blood, all of us hunters considered each other family. Like soldiers, we covered each other's back and watched out for our partner more than ourselves. When Kyle was still inexperienced, the world was cruel to him by forcing him to face two werewolves with a blade that he didn't even know how to correctly hold. Hearing his cry for help, I ended up saving his life and since then, it was almost as if he was devoted to helping me with anything. "Trust me, it'll help."

I frowned. "They have my sister."

He ran his fingers through his chestnut-colored hair. "Well, yeah, but we'll get her back."

"She's fighting against us, Kyle," I responded, irritation occurring in my voice. "I don't think she wants to come back." My mind flashed back to the phone-call with my sister; a part of me was angry with myself for hanging up on her - that was a d*ck move. After the call, I ended up destroying my bedroom and explaining the situation to my father who left the house shortly afterwards without a word; I didn't know where he disappeared off to. Though, my head was still wrapped around what Nora said about the werewolves with red-eyes. It sounded crazy, but over the phone, she sounded frantic. . . she sounded scared. It wasn't very often my sister was scared of something or somebody. "I c-can't fight against her. . . she's my sister. . . "

"I know," Kyle muttered, then burped. "None of us want to hurt Nora."

"But, she sounded determined on the phone when we spoke about me harming the werewolves that have her, " I continued, slouching on the couch. "If she has to, she'll fight against me to protect them - why would she defend them? Their kind killed our mother!"

"Dude, they have her brainwashed."

"Well, duh," I shot back, rolling my eyes. "It just doesn't make any sense - Nora isn't the type to be easily brainwashed. We practiced different scenarios together with a situation similar to this; she didn't crack." I groaned in frustration and brought the beer bottle to my lips, taking a gulp of the reliable liquid. Lately, with the struggle of my family, drinking myself to the point that I couldn't process my thoughts was an escape for me. It distracted me from my quiet father, dead mother, and backstabbing sister. "There was a lot of blood in the forest, Kyle. She was attacked, but she wasn't killed. Why wasn't she killed? We kill werewolves - it doesn't make sense that they didn't kill her when they had the opportunity."

"Maybe they took her to torture her?" he suggested, shrugging.

"But, she sounded fine on the phone," I replied, shaking my head. "And, the two of us created a word that warned one another if we were ever stuck in that kind of situation."

"What was the word?"

"Popsicle."

"Oh, wow," he mumbled, before taking another swing at his beer. I nodded, rubbing my jaw in concentration. Trust me, it wasn't me who created the word - Nora happened to have been craving a Popsicle at the time and blurted out the word, eventually claiming it was perfect. "Wait, do we even have any more leads on which pack she's with?"