✙ Chapter 27 ✙

Hey!

Yes, it took me longer to update! Sorry! I'm so happy with the amount of reads and votes I've received! I never thought my story would be liked by so many people! Thanks so much! :D

~ Lissa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You kissed him.

After admitting it to myself about a thousand times, it was finally starting to become believable. I had kissed Drew, an Alpha of the kind that I had devoted myself to hunting. As I followed him down the hallway - holding hands - I stared at the back of his head, stuck in thought. I was supposed to kill him and all his kind, but at this point, that was the last thing I wanted to do. Instead, I felt the need to protect him, along with his pack members that I had bonded with. Somehow, they had managed to sneak their way around my barrier; they weren't enemies of mine anymore. No, they were friends - allies.

Suddenly, an upcoming door opened, followed by Brody stepping out into the hallway. He wasn't wearing a shirt, only a pair of neon swimming trunks. That meant, his flat stomach and scrawny arms were exposed - his arms weren't nearly as large as Drew's. He swung his towel onto his shoulder and flicked his sunglasses down, covering his eyes. I noticed the bottle of sunscreen in his hand; I assumed he was going swimming. Seeing us, he grinned, which eventually, stretched into an excited smile when he saw the two of us holding hands.

"You're together! Oh my - did you have sex?" he blurted, rushing towards us. My mind flashed back to when Drew was making me pancakes and Brody walked in, instantly assuming the two of us had just finished having sex. He looked at me and snapped his fingers, eagerly. "Seriously, start spilling! Tell me, did it hurt? I heard Alphas have small p*nises because of this genetic thing, but you never know. . ."

I busted into laughter and Drew's eyes narrowed as his face twisted into a scowl. Then, he swung his fist forward, punching him in the arm. Brody yelped, leaping away in shock. Drew squeezed my hand, before he growled, "Whoever told you that was lying."

Rubbing his upper arm, Brody pouted. "Not cool - I bruise easily." I took a deep breath to control my laughter and patted Drew's shoulder in hope of calming him down since he was still offended. Brody looked him up and down, before turning his attention back to me. "Okay, so was it awkward? Wait, it wasn't a disappointment, was it?"

"We didn't have sex, Brody," I told him, shaking my head.

Drew growled. "And, I assure you, it won't be disappointing." He squeezed my hand and looked down at me, a small smirk forming on his lips. I rolled my eyes and jabbed him in the ribs with my elbow. He wheezed in pain and glared at me in frustration, though there was still a challenge in his eyes. Innocently, I turned back to Brody who held his arms out in confusion, a shocked expression on his face.

"What are you waiting for?" he asked, nearly dropping his bottle of sunscreen. "Jump his bones already!"

"Jump his bones?" I repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"Brody, our sex life isn't any of your concern," Drew muttered, shaking his head. He tugged at my arm, before he started leading me down the hallway, passing Brody with a sigh. Releasing a gasp, Brody jogged after us and trailed next to me, his flip-flops flapping against his heels. He placed hand over his chest, right where his heart was located, and frowned. "Isn't my concern? I deserve to know these things about my homie - homies share everything with each other, right?"