Chapter One | Arrival

She was so stupid. So, so stupid. She shouldn't have listened to their words, daring her to go into the forest. Everyone knew that those who went in never came out.

She had quickly become lost only a few minutes after entering the forest. To her, it seemed like a labyrinth.

"Hello?!" She called, slowly growing frantic and anxious. "Hello? Is anyone out there?" She slowly began to walk down what seemed to be a path.

She stayed silent as she walked. "Hello? Please. I need-" She was cut off as a sharp pain shot from the back of her head. Then, there was black.

—————————————————————————

She woke up with a start, sitting up immediately. However, she realized that was a bad idea as her head began to pound, causing her to loudly groan.

"Shush." She was startled as she heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Who's there?" She questioned. She was answered with a hand over her mouth.

"I said 'shush'." The voice told her. "You're going to lead her right to us."

"Her?" She questioned. She quickly realized who, or what, the still mysterious person was talking about as a figure started approaching the two.

"Shit." The other muttered before standing up and pulling her up with her. "Come on. Let's go!"

She was startled as she was grabbed by the hand and yanked along beside the taller person. "Who is that? Hell, who are you?"

"I'm Ashlie. That's the Nurse. We're dead if we don't lose her." The person, now identified as Ashlie, told her. "Now, kid. What's your name?"

"It's Ate." She responded.

"Well, Ate. It's nice to meet, but it would be better in a better situation." Ashlie said. "The entirety of my group isn't here right now, probably because we have a new arrival." Ashlie glanced over her shoulder, relieved to see the Nurse gone. "Come on. There's a couple more here. They should be working on repairs right now."

The two began to walk at a slower speed, though still as quietly as possible. "I'll introduce you to them when we get to them," Ashlie told Ate, her voice now more relaxed and soft as before. So they walked in silence.

After a moment, however, a question bothering Ate finally fell from her mouth.

"Ashlie? Where are we?" The younger girl asked. She earned a dry chuckle in response.

"Well, we like to call it hell on Earth."