Chapter Twenty-Three | Something

"We're leaving in five!" Nick shouted from the living room. "Everyone needs to have everything. We need everyone partnered up, okay?"

He earned loud 'okay's and 'on it's from mostly everyone.

He didn't let it show, but he was terrified. Lachlan, this woman who kept them trapped as sacrifices stopped by for no apparent reason. That only meant bad for them. He was scared.

"Three minutes."

Nick's eyes flickered up at a soft voice. He watched as Addie walked past him.

"Addie..." He sighed, earning a shake of her head.

He decided against trying again.

"You ready?" Ashlie asked as she appeared at his side.  Nick only nodded before grabbing his bag.

"Yeah. Okay, everyone! Let's go!"

Several pairs of footsteps descended down the staircase. Sal and Ate quickly appeared, Uni and Cory slowly trailing behind them.

"Come on," Cory quietly said as he balanced Uni. "We're at the bottom in three, two, one, and there we go."

Uni shrugged Cory off with a small 'thank you' before both went to the front door.

"Okay, everyone's here," Nick muttered.

Ashlie.

Cory.

Uni.

Ate.

Sal.

Tommy.

Dawn.

Addie.

Himself.

He took in a shaky breath before stepping outside. "Let's go."

________________________________________________________________________________

The walk was quiet. Only small goodbyes were exchanged as the nine broke up.

Nick, Ashlie, and Tommy.

Sal, Ate, and Addie.

Dawn, Cory, and Uni.

The night was hell for all nine.

They all had separate killers. None too difficult.

The first group got the Wraith.

The second group got the Nurse.

The third group got the Trapper.

They were all terrible.

The Wraith could barely be seen when cloaked. Almost no sign.

The Nurse seemed to travel faster than normal. There also seemed like there was less of a stall.

The Trapper was definitely given more  traps and they were more hidden.

"It wasn't fair!" Addie nearly cried as Ashlie worked on wrapping her arm. "She was travelling too fast. I stopped for a second and she caught up. No teleporting. No nothing."

Ashlie let out a soft breath before taping down the end of the wrap. "I don't know, Addie. I can't tell you what happened."

"That asshole did some shit to make the killers have heightened abilities," Tommy snapped, his lips turned into a scowl as he finished wrapping his calf. 

"Anyone can see that, Tommy," Ate responded, trying to calm him down. "We just don't know how. We need to figure it out so we can fix it."

"There's no 'fixing it', Ate," Tommy told her. "We can't fix this is we don't know exactly what this is."

"There has to be something," Dawn responded, waving his arm in exclamation.

"Hey. No moving," Sal grabbed his arm before returning to their stitching. "You're going to open the stitches, Dawn." There was silence. "Sorry."

"There can't and isn't anything we can do."

Nick's voice rang out as he walked in, tightly wrapping his hand.

"We don't have the materials. We don't know the exact ritual or whatever the hell. There's nothing we can do."

Addie stood, looking at him.

"Well, tough, sweetheart," She snapped. "Because we're going to do something. No matter what."