Chapter Eleven | Who?

"Me, Uni, Ashlie. Sal, Cory, Ate, and Tommy."

"I think not," Ashlie countered Nick's group assignments. The had to go through a process of separating the group into groups of two to four. It was a rule.

"You'll be going with Sal and Tommy. I'll be going with Uni, Cory, and Ate," Ashlie told him. She has her reasons.

Sal would be able to help Nick if he was hurt. Tommy would be able to stop him from being impulsive. That was important.

Nick opened his mouth to counter, but the hard look on Ashlie's face told him not to.

"Fine."

"Then let's go," Tommy clapped a hand on Nick's shoulder.

The entire group walked down the path, before coming to a fork.

"See you in the morning," Nick said as he looked at Ashlie.

"Be safe," Ashlie gave him a soft smile before each group went to a separate part of the fork.

***************************************************************

Nick let out a small breath as they approached the gate leading in. The area outside didn't help identify the location. It was constantly changing.

"Sal and I can head for a generator," Tommy told Nick. "I'm not the absolute best so the two of us working should help the process."

Nick nodded. Tommy was right. He and Sal weren't exactly on the top of the list of generator repairs. He, on the other hand, was called he best, so they would be the fastest that way.

"Stick as close but as far as possible. Try and stay away from doors the first three generators. Most importantly, stay safe," Nick told the two. As he finished, the large gate let out a loud noise, similar to  a kind of shrieking, before opening.

"Here we go."

************************************************

"Ate? Stick with me. Cory and Uni, stick together as much as possible," Ashlie told the group. "I want Ate to stay with me and Cory, you're better than Uni at first aid and Uni is more experienced at generators. You'll be the best match."

She earned nods and a thumbs up from Cory.

"Now, let's see which son of a bitch we have to fight today.

As the gate opened, a familiar face was seen for a moment.

"Uni?" Cory muttered. The other man only chuckled in response

"Oh, we're about to kick some ass."

************************************************

"Who do you think it is?" Tommy quietly asked Nick as the three approached the gate.

He was answered with a loud bell tolling.

"Does that answer your question?"