Epilogue | Everything Will Be Alright

It was twelve years later.

They all kept in contact, which was always good.

Sal had found Ate and the moment they did, they took her on a date. They were together and ran a small art school for kids

The group finally got to meet Bri, who was easy to fall in love with and was everything Cory had described. The two eventually got married. Cory started up a business. They did animated series.

Uni had learned to draw and write with his remaining hand and quickly became a well-known artist.

Tommy came to terms with Jon's death after a while. He settled down in some city and became a musician. He visited often, though.

Dawn stuck around Uni and the two worked together on stories, one which turned into an animated show. Something called The Hardcore Quest.

Ashlie eventually came to terms with Nick's death, but she never seemed to move on from him. She was able to became a part-time voice actress and part-time artist.

Addie took a while to settle down, shaken by deaths and abandonments. She eventually did and started up a photography business.

Everyone was still shaken and suffered from flashbacks and nightmares and more than one disorder, but they could live. And they did.

Well, most of them did.

It was around eight at night, maybe eight thirty. No matter what, it was long after business hours when there was a knock on Addie's office door.

She hesitated.

"Come in."

Her face paled at the figure in front of her.

The twelve years easily weathered down the female, her once half-shaven, purple hair now cut to her shoulders and a dark black, save for the noticeable gray hairs.

But it was easy to pick out the woman who caused the deaths of a man and a child.

"Why the hell are you here?" Addie questioned, quick to rise from her seat and reach for the closest object she could throw.

"Relax, Adeline," Lachlan said, her voice quiet and soft, as if she was a shaken horse. "I'm not here to kidnap you or hurt you. I'm here to talk."

Addie didn't lower the stapler she managed to grab.

"Why?"

"I failed."

The younger female quickly became confused, her choice of weapon slightly lowering. "Huh?"

Lachlan gave a shaky sigh. "I failed to collect the correct amount of offerings to help save my brother," she explained, her voice straining as if she were holding back tears. "That deal failed, as I only got two of your people and no others came along."

Addie slightly winced at the mention of 'two of her people'. Nick and Jon.

"I thought. And I thought and I thought." Lachlan seemed panicky as she spoke. She quickly calmed with her the rest of her words. "And I replaced my initial deal with another. My brother's dead. My family's dead. I'm alone. And so I don't see a point."

Addie's eyes widened, herself now being the one to panic. Lachlan sent her a look and she settled back down.

"I'm sacrificing myself. I couldn't save the first."

There was confusion on the younger's face until a familiar person was pulled out from behind the door.

She froze.

He looked the same, but aged.

She let out a small whimper as she held back tears.

The only difference was a couple of gray hairs that were randomly placed.

Tears fell anyway.

He was there.

"Nick."

Time seemed to slow and speed up at the same time as she dropped the stapler and ran to him, sobs escaping as she hugged a solid body. Her sobs only became more violent as a lanky pair of arms wrapped around her and she felt tears on top of her head.

Neither noticed as the other female in the room seemed to fade out of sight.

Because Nick was alive. And everything would be alright.