Chapter Twenty-Five | Brother

It took about an hour for everyone to somewhat settle down. Ashlie forced Nick into his room, sending Tommy with him. Addie had settled against the back of the couch in the room she had earlier entered. Sal had settled down on the couch in the living and glued their eyes to the clock. Ate had quickly moved to her room, settling on her bed.

Addie tucked her legs against her chest and rested her chin on top of her knees.

"Hey."

Addie looked up at the sound of Ashlie's voice. The older woman gave her a soft smile before closing the door and sat beside her.

"Nick didn't mean anything of it," Ashlie whispered as she wrapped her arms around Addie. "He's just scared for you. You know that."

"He's never yelled at me," Addie quietly sobbed out. "Never."

"I know," Ashlie pressed a kiss to the side of Addie's head before pulling her to her. "But Nick didn't know what to do. Addie, you terrified him. He thought that you were going to get killed."

Addie didn't respond and instead rested her head on Ashlie's shoulder and squeezed her eyes shut.

"Come on. Why don't we go ahead and get you cleaned up?" Ashlie told her. She earned a soft nod after a moment. "Good." Ashlie smiled and led her out of the room and upstairs.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"So, am I the only one who can see you?"

Jon lightly shrugged as he sat on Sal's bed. "I guess so. I'm very surprised though. I would've expected..." He let out a short breath. "I would've expected Tommy, you know? He was always the one I was closest to."

Ate let out a short hum. "I don't know. This supernatural stuff is still really new to me."

The teen was unaware of the door cracking open and Tommy stepping in as she continued to speak to Jon.

"Have you been a ghost for a while, Jon?" Ate asked. Tommy froze.

"Jon?" His voice was quiet. Both Jon and Ate looked up at him.

"Yeah. Yeah, Jon. Can you not see him?" Ate asked as she crossed her legs.

Tommy simply stared at her. "Ate... I think you're seeing things," He gently said before sitting down beside Ate.

"No. No, I swear it's him. Ask a question. I'll tell you his answer," Ate told him. Tommy didn't believe her but sighed.

"Why?" Tommy asked. "Why did he not let me help him?"

Ate looked up to Jon. She let out a short breath as soon as he told her his answer.

"He was looking out for you. You're like his brother."