Chapter fourteen (part two)

Why is there a part two, you ask?

Because wattpad is the worst.

Hint: I hate glitches

***

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Don't move,"

And everything went black.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Great clouds

Roll

Over the hills

Bringing darkness

From

Above

Kinkajou shivered as another cold wind blew in. Evening was setting in, and the hot-red lava below was not radiating any warmth at all, spurting more smoke into the sky.

Orchid was shivering violently, too, her scales a pale shade of white, like a ghost hovering above the edge of death.

"I have to go," Kinkajou whispered as another puff of smoke enveloped them, making her eyes water. "The guards are gonna notice."

Orchid nodded, though the movement was a bit constricted due to the chains around her.

-----------------------------------------------------------

But if you close your eyes

Does it almost feel like

Nothing's changed at all?

Glory struggled against her attacker, a sack over her head, obscuring her vision and generally making things a very hard time.

She tried screaming for help, but the dragons around her were too engrossed in Peril's fight. Something I have to think about later. This dragon, whoever they were, was pretty smart, choosing this place to kidnap her.

A pair of strong arms encircled her, and Glory was thrown off for a second, because she thought her attacker hugging her, but she realised that she was going to be carried away.

Not like this! She thrashed around, her limbs flailing around as she beat her tail in the air. Not like this!

Then she inhaled something sharp, like stinging smoke, and then everything went completely dark.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Next opponent!" The crowd cheered.

Peril stood up, huffing as the ashes on her body was blown away easily.

"Another opponent!" Vermilion said, the host spiraling above the arena like they were watching an exciting show. "Bring in Kestrel!"

Peril, in the corner of her eye, saw Scarlet hesitate, like ice spreading over her, stiffing her eyes.

But then that moment went away as quickly as it came, and a SkyWing was dragged onto the ground in front of Peril.

"This one, folks," Vermillion said, his voice echoing in rings of noise. "Is a dragon gone mad. Searching for a RainWing- who knows? She might have gone unstable. But we haven't seen what a mental dragon can do! Three, two, one, FIGHT!"

Kestrel lifted her head slowly from the ground, coughing.

And then their eyes met.

It was a split second- like electricity sparking between them, déjà vu gushing in Peril like never before.