Chapter fifteen

Author's notes: language warnin'

"She's not picking up," Sunny peered into the screen with concern.

"Maybe she's avoiding us," Tsunami whispered, her voice trembling. As much as she didn't want to admit it, it was a possibility.

Tsunami didn't want this to happen. She'd felt immense guilt after seeing Glory like that- out of all the reasons Glory could have to avoid her, this was one of them.

"Maybe she's sick?" Sunny suggested.

Tsunami shook het head.

"Glory never gets sick." She said firmly.

"And she never misses school." Sunny frowned, shifting on one leg to the other. "What's happening?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Glory couldn't sleep. She didn't.

The air smelt like death, rubbing over her scales and tongue like it was imprinting marks onto her own body. Other RainWings visible from the prison hung their head low, as if accepting their fate.

Glory felt herself churn with anger. This was why dragons thought RainWings were lazy and incompetent- because they didn't do anything about their situation. They didn't even try to fight. They just went along with it.

Glory growled softly, thinking if she could find a way to escape. If she could, it would be exceptionally useful right now.

She couldn't do anything about her situation right now, so she thought.

Why would the NightWings want to get us? Because of our venom, of course, but what for?

Glory looked out from behind the tall bars, the slim, black metal looming over her ominously, sealing her escape. The landscape of the volcano roared upon her, rumbling earthquakes humming beneath her feet. It was certainly horrible, this place to live in- and as she saw the figures of black dragons wheeling around the jagged rocks, she couldn't imagine what it would be like to live there, much less live there your whole life. If this was really where the NightWings lived, Glory would feel just a slight twinge of sympathy for them.

Not anymore, though. Not after what they did to her- and possibly dozens of other RainWings.

A geyser of smoke burst from the side, choking her lungs with the stench of thick, black haze. Glory coughed violently, her chest hurting, and at that moment she vowed to find a way out of this place.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Deathbringer!"

He turned around, tensing as he met Sunny and Tsunami. "What do you want?"

"Oh, you should-" Tsunami retorted, but Sunny cut her off. "Do you know where Glory is? She's absent, she's not answering our calls, and she never does that-"

"How would I know?" Deathbringer dipped his head coldly at them. "Maybe she just doesn't want to see you guys."

Sunny stilled for a moment, her heart frozen as she realized that could be the very truth, but Tsunami glared back at Deathbringer. "You're hiding something, NightWing. If you don't tell us now, maybe I'll make you."

"I don't know where she is, Tsunami." Deathbringer smirked. "Perhaps you should call her. Oh, wait. You can't. Leave me alone. I have no idea where you silly little friend is, and I have no desire to take part in that."

Tsunami growled. "You little-"

Sunny put a talon over her fist sternly. "Tsunami, don't."

Deathbringer turned and walked away. "Maybe she'll come back, you know? To tell you how much she hates you."