Chapter eighteen (part one becuase Wattpad glitches)

Venom, claws, teeth and scales.

Deathbringer swopped down, backing up towards the entrance of the island, snapping his face to Glory.

She was fierce.

He'd never seen her like this. And it was probably all his fault again. He didn't want it to be this way, but it just had to, because the world was conspiring against him and he was a ruthless criminal.

She sprang, her back feet slamming into the wall to push her forward, and she lunged for him, her claws outstretched, her tail whipping through the air. Deathbringer slipped out of the way, and Glory ended up slamming into the rocks with a huge thud.

She coughed, and Deathbringer felt a twinge of worry. He'd never really made sure if she'd fully recovered from her illness...that is, if it wasn't serious.

Glory hinged her jaw and sprayed a shower of venom towards him, but Deathbringer flew up and the venom collected into a pool of black acid, eating away at the rocks below.

She never said anything, which was unsettling. Her face was expressionless and her scales were plain, shifting against the colours of the background, and she seemed to take nothing into interest except in killing Deathbringer.

Deathbringer spurted flames from his snout in her direction, and Glory sidestepped without a blink, her eyes looking at him like a monotone deadly death machine.

And then she jumped.

She really, really jumped. It was three meters into the air, (that means roughly three times the length of one arm) and spiraled her wings into the air, then flew.

Deathbringer didn't see it coming.

He didn't. It happened in three or four seconds, just a sharp little whistle in the air, cutting into his ears and then a scuffled of claws as she pinned him down to the floor, again, for the third time. She slammed his snout against the floor, clamping it with her talons, leaving little marks where her claws scratched against his scales. She was on full alert, not letting him escape again like she did last time.

Glory's eyes were blank and unnerving as they stared into him, gaping and wide.

Deathbringer grunted, muffled into her claws, the pressure painful against his snout. She clamped his mouth so that he wouldn't breathe fire onto her, but in reality, she didn't. Deathbringer knew for a fact that he would never hurt Glory, no matter what.

Silence. Her grip was strong, but still.

Deathbringer turned his head, confused. Wasn't she going to do anything? Spray venom onto his eyes? Claw his head off? She wasn't doing anything, her shoulders shifting in the slightest and her claws still strong on him.

He had braced himself for the impact, for what was about to come, but nothing happened.

He opened his eyes.

Glory was shaking.

Her shoulders were shaking in a strange, strange way and her grip was still unbearably uncomfortable, her snout trembling with...hysteric laughter?

Then he felt something warm on him, and for a second of shock he thought it was venom, but after a few painless seconds, he felt it roll off his cheek slowly, making its way down.

Oh.

Deathbringer shifted.

Oh.

She's crying.

She was crying. Her mouth was gaping open, her eyes lidded and her shoulders wracking with sadness, her face still as unmoving as ever.

She released him, curling up into a ball and cried, folding her wings around her protectively.