Chapter 9

Althea rolled off of Raph's shell and ran out the door. Her first priority was to get to her sister. When she reached Donnie's lab the two of them were standing over a concoction in one of Donnie's beakers. "What the hell is going on?", Raph said coming up behind her. "Nothing, we were just trying to see if we could make colored contacts that you can wear everyday and sleep in but we had an unexpected reaction. Everything's all good here", Donnie said closing the container in his hand. Althea gave her sister a once over and left the lab. No one was currently in the living room as Luana and Mikey had moved to the kitchen. Althea plopped down on the couch and curled up on the arm of the chair. She peaked one eye open as her foot was given a little kick. "You tired?", Raph asked. Althea mumbled a "yeah" and turned over. She didn't have time to protest as Raph lifted her over his shoulder and headed to his room. "You can take a nap. I'm going back to the dojo", he said half throwing half setting her down on the bed. Althea didn't even hear him close the door before she fell fast asleep.

Althea awoke as the door flung open and someone jumped on the bed. She opened her eyes to see her little sister looking happily up at her. "Time to get up sleepy head. We have to go now before Dino and the others have a conniption." Althea checked her phone it was 5. They had a meeting in 30 at the UN. She flew up out of bed and out of the room. The rest of her sisters were gathered in the living room ready to go. "So you guys were just going to let me sleep?", Althea said still trying to wake up. "I mean you looked so peaceful", Mikey said with a laugh. Althea rolled her eyes and headed for the door. She could feel her sisters following her lead until they were stopped as Raph stood by the door. "Care to tell me where you're going?", he asked. "Not now", Althea said going around him. "Alright fine. But if I'm not here when you get back, you can't be mad." Althea stopped and turned back to look at him. Her sisters inched out of the way so there was nothing standing between the two. "Excuse me?", she asked calmly. "Yeah, I made some new friends. We might hang out later since you seem to disappear every two days", he snapped. "You're lying", Althea accused. "So you think I can't make any friends", he said coming closer. "No, but when have you had time to go make friends?", she asked. "Well what do you expect me to do when you go off into the night? Just sit here and twiddle my nonexistent thumbs?", he yelled. Althea wasn't in the mood for his attitude today. "No but I didn't think you would go and replace me", she yelled back. There was a collective gasp from her sisters and now his brothers were all tuned into this argument. Raph's face was now inches from hers and the tension was palpable. "Well you better watch out darling because it could very well happen."