Chapter 13

For the first time in a while, Althea felt free. No one was bogging her down with their expectations and problems. It's not that Raph or his brothers were problems but it's become quite difficult to hide the fact that a mutant turtle and his brothers lived under the streets of New York. Maybe it would be good for her to finally have some freedom. 

The first thing on the agenda was to find somewhere for dinner. After the whirlwind of a day, Althea had neglected to find food. Being back in New York, the obvious answer was to go for pizza. Althea stepped out onto the lively street by herself for the first time in ages. The Autobots had told her to be home by 12 but they wouldn't be too mad at her getting some food. There was a pizza parlor on the corner two blocks down. Althea was just going to grab some slices to go and head back home. She was halfway there when an arm pulled her into the alley. 

"Hey what do you want?" Althea yelled at the stranger, pulling her arm away.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." 

Standing before her was a man she had never seen before. He was pretty rugged with tattoos and a scar going from behind his ear down his neck. He was wearing a purple jacket that had a picture of a dragon on the front of it. 

"The name is Rusty and you looked lost so I thought I could help."

"Well I'm not lost and I don't need any help so if you could so kindly leave me alone."

Althea made a move to leave the alleyway when Rusty grabbed her hand once more. She went to strike him but he released her hand just as quickly as he grabbed it. When she turned around to question him, he was gone. However left in the place of his hand, there was a piece of paper with a note on it.

'If you ever need help in finding what you're looking for let me know.' 

The paper was signed with a strange symbol that she knew she had seen somewhere before but couldn't quite put her finger on it. There was also a number on it. Though it was against her better judgement, Althea tucked the piece of paper in her pocket. There would be no harm in making new friends.

Althea moved onto the pizza parlor without much more of a fuss. She paid for her food and headed back towards the apartment. As if it was just her luck, Althea and her pizza was pulled back into the alleyway. 

"Listen. I'm getting real tired of being pulled into alleyways. "

"Thea it's me!"

Luana had pulled her big sister into the alleyway. 

"Luana what are you doing here? Why aren't you at home?"

"We were looking for you." said a voice from behind. 

Raph and the rest of her sisters were standing behind her. Raph was tucked more into the darkness but his presence was still felt. 

"I'm fine. You can stop following me. Now if you'll excuse me. I have a date with some pizza. Also we were supposed to be home like an hour ago" Althea responded.

"You can eat your pizza in the lair! We went and talked to Dino and they have a mission in upstate New York and they left about 30 minutes ago so no one is home" Luana said taking her sister's hand. 

"Well I don't think I'm welcomed in the lair anymore." 

"No one's stopping you from going." Raph interjected.

Althea looked up at him fully for the first time since she had entered the alley. All the memories had come flooding back. Even if they couldn't be together, they could still be friends right?

"Fine. I'll go."

Luana had all but dragged Althea through the sewers down to the lair. When they arrived the rest of her sisters dispersed throughout the lair. That left Althea alone with Raph. 

"Well I'm gonna go back to the dojo. Casey, April and Mackenzie are waiting. You can join us if you want." Raph offered. 

Althea considered it for a moment but something in her held back. 

"Maybe in a bit. I want to finish my food first."

Raph just nodded and head towards the second dojo. Whatever her sisters had told Raph seemed to calm him down from earlier but Althea couldn't bare to see him happy with someone else. As she sat down to eat, Althea pulled the note Rusty had given her earlier that night. 

Maybe making her own friends wouldn't be a bad idea after all.