Chapter 1

I own none of the characters except for Althea

Althea slipped quietly into the alleyway near 42nd and Broadway. She was meeting Raphael in about 5 minutes. Their relationship has blossomed since that fateful day 2 years ago. However, today Althea had some business to take care of with him. Althea saw the manhole cover as she approached the end of the alleyway. She bent down and with a great heave she lifted the cover up and entered. She dropped down into 2 strong arms that she knew were waiting. "You're actually on time", she teased with a smirk on her face. "Ha ha, so funny", Raph said putting her down. She got her footing and followed him to the lair. She could already hear Michelangelo and Donatello playing video games in the living room. She grasped Raph's hand as they got closer. "You okay?", his husky voice asked feeling her apprehension. "Yeah", she said as the light from the lair came into view. She knew he wasn't going to take this news that well but it had to be done. Every year around this time, she had to go to D.C to take care of a few things. The two entered and she was greeted by the usual. "Thea!", Mikey called from the couch. "Hey Althea", Donnie said peering up from his glasses. Leonardo was probably in the dojo mediating like usual. She smiled an waved at the boys before turning to Raphael. "Hey Raph", she said pulling him towards his room. "We need to talk".

She pulled him into his room and closed the door. She sat down in her favorite spot near his comic books. "It's that time already?", he asked looking at her as he sat down. "Yeah", she said playing with her hands. She didn't even have to tell him, he already knew. She'd be gone for a month and when she came back things would go back to normal. "When do you leave?", he asked bringing her back to reality. Althea sighed and looked away. "Tomorrow", she squeaked out. Raph hesitated before continuing. "Why so soon?", he asked. Althea could hear his temper rising. "It's just business Raph", she said trying to keep herself together. "You always say that but you never tell me where you go". "It's because you don't need to get involved". "That's the same speech you give me every time. And I don't know if I believe it anymore. How do I know you're not out hooking up with some other guy behind my back". Althea was taken aback by his words. "You know because you can trust me Raph. I don't know how many times I have to tell you but I can't tell you where I'm going. It's business rules", she said leaning back. She knew this was where this conversation would go. "Fine", he said folding his arms and sitting back in his chair. That meant conversation over. Althea rolled her eyes. 'Why does he have to be so dang stubborn', she thought as she got up. She planted herself right next to him. "You're not going to shake me off that easy tough guy", she said snuggling into his arm. "Get off", he said trying to shake her off but she had a good grip. "No", she said gripping him tighter. "I'm not leaving until we solve this". "We can solve this by you telling me where you're going". "Well I already told you that's not happening". "Fine, I guess this conversation is over". "No Raph, it's not. Listen, I don't care if you believe me or not but I'm not cheating on you. I have real business I need to take care of. The only thing I can tell you is that it has to do with my parents and that's it," she said voice shaking. It hurt to talk about her parents. "Wow, it sounds like you're mixed up with some crazy business". Althea could feel him relaxing. She snuggled into him and breathed 'You have no idea'.