Obliviate My Rebellion {Sequel to Oblivate My Heart}

"we are broken
What must we do to restore
Our innocence
And oh, the promise we adored
Give us life again
'Cause we just wanna be whole."~ We Are Broken, Paramore

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Preface~ Sam's News

Her face swam into my line of vision again. Her flame red hair in her trademark plait, her freckles smiling at me.  "It's okay, Rory." she whispered.

"I'm so sorry, Kayley." I choked out. "I couldn't save you."

"You saved me with your friendship, Rory." she whispered. "If it wasn't for you, I would have been expelled on my first day of school."

I laughed through my tears. "I'm sorry."

"Don't get sentimental." Kayley said. "Just do me a favour, eh? Kick my murderer's arse, would you?"

Aurora Potter shot bolt up-right in her bed, her mouth choked in a silent scream. Once again, she had witnessed the memory of her dead best friend saying everything was alright. Rory didn't believe Kayley; nothing was alright.

But she kept the words of Kayley close to her mind, especially when she told her to find her murder--who ended up being her adoptive Father, Mark Oswin.

Rory had been searching for Mark and the rest of the Oswins since Hogwarts had broken up for the summer holidays--but there had been no luck yet.

Samantha Lockwood, Cole's ex best friend had been tracking them down--but she couldn't seem to get a good grip on them. Rory knew they were in the UK, so it hopefully wouldn't be long until they returned to Oxford.

Rory wanted revenge on Mark Oswin, it was like a constant itch in her brain. It wasn't just that he'd killed her best friend. It was that he planned having her and her brother handed over to Voldemort, and wiped her memories constantly of Kayley.

She could never forgive Mark--but she also couldn't forgive herself. Whether she liked it or not, she played a part in Kayley's death. She was the one who forgot her. If she had just remembered--then Kayley would be alive today.

So Rory did the only thing that she could do until Mark was back in the picture--visit Kayley's grave. 

She had done it every day of the summer holidays, catching the Knight Bus to Oxford and leaving flowers on Kayley's grave. Sometimes she would talk to her, apologise, tell her what was happening.

Her brother wasn't too happy with what she was doing, but he no longer stopped her--as he knew his sister would go regardless.

Rory glanced at the clock, to see it was almost midday. She felt her heart sink, feeling as if half the day had been lost. She didn't sleep enough now. She was afraid of seeing Kayley and Cedric's faces behind her eyelids.

But when she did sleep, she slept for too long and their faces would be haunting her.

She threw off her flowery quilt, and stared at it in disgust. She didn't like this room very much; it was the guest room at her Aunt and Uncle's house. She didn't like them one little bit, for what they had done to Harry over the years.

The feeling was mutual. But when her Uncle had gone to throw her out of the house on her second day at Privet Drive (she was surprised he hadn't chucked her out sooner) a letter arrived saying that she had to stay there, otherwise there would be consequences.

She guessed it was from Dumbledore, and Rory was beyond pissed off that she had to stay in this house. She wanted to stay with her brother, but not the others. She would rather her and Harry live with Sirius, or even the Weasley's.