25. Christmas on the closed ward

After we evasdropped on Mr Weasley, Harry wouldn't speak. I tried to talk to him about it, but it was hard when Mrs Weasley was fussing over me, and I was talking to Mr Weasley about how he was.

I promised to myself to speak to Harry when we got back. Gennie, Sam and I were finally heading to Grimmauld place with the others, as Elena suggested (more like commanded) us to go home for a bit, and that she should look after her son for a bit.

Which was basically code for 'we want some alone family time'. Which was fair enough. I had a feeling Elena wanted to try and reconcile with Alia.

Sam was rather excited to see the headquarters, as she was going to become a member of the order after Moody suggested it. She told me in an excited whisper 'I feel like a proper war rebel now!'

Harry was quiet on the tube as we all squashed on to head back to Grimmauld Place. I nudged him with my shoulder. "You okay?"

He didn't answer. He shook his head violently and then concentrated on a poster hanging on the tube door.

When we got back, Mrs Weasley began fussing over him. "Harry, dear, are you sure you're all right?" said Mrs. Weasley in a worried voice, as we walked around the unkempt patch of grass in the middle of Grimmauld Place. "You look ever so pale... are you sure you slept this morning? You go upstairs to bed right now and you can have a couple of hours of sleep before dinner, all right?"

As soon as we entered the house, Harry ran straight upstairs to his room, not even saying hello to Sirius and Remus who came out of the kitchen.

"What's the matter with him?" Remus asked as Gennie hugged him tightly.

"Who knows what's really the matter with anyone these days." Gennie said tiredly.

I ended up playing exploding snap with Hollie until dinner was ready, and Harry still hadn't surfaced. "Should I go get him?" I asked Mrs Weasley as I helped Ginny set the table.

"Yes dear, he's been up there for a while." Mrs Weasley said worriedly. "Tell him I'll save him something if he wants to sleep."

I headed up to Ron and Harry's room, and knocked on the door. When there was no reply, I peered inside. Harry was sat on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Molly says food is ready," I said. "Are you coming?"

He shook his head. "I won't press you for what's wrong." I said quietly, my words sounding loud in the quiet room. "But if it's about earlier, you aren't possessed Harry, I would know if you were. Your head would be doing one-eighty and you'd be on a murder spree."

Harry didn't reply. "Okay. Well Molly said she's saving you some food, so come down later, yeah?"

He still didn't reply, so I went back downstairs. Everybody looked up. "He's not hungry." I lied. "I think he'll have something later though."

So I sat with everybody at dinner, eating chicken while Hollie babbled on about all the accidental magic she'd been doing recently, and for once--I felt like I was the twin with the most mental stability.

After food was finished, Lacey picked up the plate of food that had been saved for Harry. "That's it, he's not moping around without eating something." she said firmly. She stormed out of the room with her face determined and honestly a bit terrifying.

I looked at George and sarcastically told him, "She'll be a fantasic mother to your children."

George almost choked on the glass of butterbeer he was drinking. "--What?"

"Dude, it's going to happen." Sam chuckled, putting her feet up on the table. "Someday or later, it'll happen."

"Feet off the table, Samantha." Mrs Weasley snapped, and Sam withdrew her feet. "It's like having another Fred and George, I swear..." she muttered as she began washing the dishes.