37. Piercing the veil

"Come on, give them over." Cameron demanded Harry and I, sticking his hand out with a twisted smile on his face.

"No." I said, backing away, pulling Harry with me. All of us formed a barrier against the death eaters, wands pointed.

"Tell us what you've done with Sirius, and we'll consider it." Harry said hotly.

"He isn't here, Harry. It was a trap." I hissed.

"Yeah, and who told you that? Sam? She was a death eater, she was lying." Harry said, paranoid.

"For God's Sake, Harry we went to the order!" Sam exclaimed. "Why won't you just believe us?"

"Because you might have been put under the imperius!" Harry said feverishly. "I know he's here!"

"The little baby woke up fwightened and fort what it dweamed was twoo," said Bellatrix Lestrange next to Cameron, giggling hysterically.

"Don't do anything yet, hold your ground." I heard Cole mutter from behind me, but that only seemed to spur Cameron on.

"Look Bella, it's my little brother!" Cameron declared. "How have you been since your last psycotic breakdown?"

Cole's breathing became very quick, and I was afraid he was on the verge of hyperventalting. "Oh I've been fine, thanks Cammy. How have the dementors been keeping you?"

Cameron narrowed his eyes at Cole, the burns on his face emphasised. "So this is little Cole Wilde," Bellatrix said. "The one who tortured you so well."

"Only because he's mental in the head." Cameron laughed. "Did I tell you he's such a girl he almost killed himself three times because of me? It's hilarious, honestly."

"Yeah, well did you know I'm over that now?" Cole said, his voice shaking. "And I might be mental, but all my time in rehab has left me with many ideas of how to destroy you for good."

A flicker of fear apperared in Cameron's eyes. "Let's leave the family affairs for later, shall we?" Lucius Malfoy spoke. "Just give us the prophecies. Nobody has to get hurt."

"Right, so they give you the prophecies, and you let us skip home?" Gennie laughed bitterly. "I somehow have trouble believing you since you murdered my mother."

The words had just left Gennie's mouth when Bellatrix tried to use accio on my prophecy. I shouted protego just in time, while the sphere slipped, I managed to keep hold of it.

"Oh, she knows how to play, little bitty baby Potter,' she said, her mad eyes staring through the slits in her hood. 'Very well, then - '

"I TOLD YOU, NO!' Lucius Malfoy roared at Bellatrix. "If you smash it - !"

While I was curious about the words inside the sphere, I just wanted to get us all out of here safely.

"You need more persuasion?' she said, her chest rising and falling rapidly. "Very well - take the smallest one," she ordered the Death Eaters beside her. "Let them watch while we torture the little girl. I'll do it."

Everyone closed in around Ginny, all wands pointed ready to attack. Jia boldly stood in the centre, breathing heavily. "You'll have to smash the prophecies if you want any of them. And you know the Dark Lord will punish you if that happens."

"Jia Horrowitz," Cameron tutted, circling us with a predatory glance. "Turning against your family for a girl? How pathetic, it's not even like she's pretty."

"Prettier than you'll ever be with those burns," Jia hissed, pointing her wand at Cameron's heart.

Cameron just smiled, which was more terrifying if possible. "Just wait, Jia. Just wait."