31. Ghost of You

BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC 

Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-eight. 

Signed: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister for Magic 

The next day this sickening announcement was posted on the shcool walls, and of course, Dumbledore escaping two aurors and the Minister, the gossip was intense around the school. As Harry, Marietta and I were the only students there, we were bombarded with questions.

"Dumbledore will be back soon enough," Arthur waved a hand confidently after I told him what happened in the office yesterday. He'd ran into us after herbology, and was now walking with us all towards the all. "They couldn't keep him away after all the petrified people in my third year, and one ministry official won't stop him now. Sam, what did the Fat Friar tell you yesterday?"

"Oh yeah," Sam said, looking up from the revision notes on her hand. "He told me and Susan that Umbridge tried to get into Dumbledore's office after the searched the grounds, but she couldn't get past. That garogyle wouldn't let her in." A Sam-like smirk curled onto her face. "Even the school is shutting her out."

"So that's why she was having a tantrum when I passed her on prefect duty." Arthur said thoughtfully. "I just thought she realised Ben stold one of her freaky cat plates."

“Oh, I expect she really fancied herself sitting up there in the Heads office,” said Hermione viciously, as we walked up the stone steps into the Entrance Hall. “Lording it over all the other teachers, the stupid puffed-up, power-crazy old -” 

“Now, do you really want to finish that sentence, Granger?” 

Draco had slid out from behind the door, closely followed by Crabbe and Goyle. His public act of malice had re-appeared, and I sighed inwardly at what was to come.

"I think I need to take a few points from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff,” he drawled. 

"Only teachers can dock points from houses, Malfoy." Arthur said in a helpful voice, though there was underlying sarcasm in his tone. "Did you miss that briefing from the prefect meeting in September?"

"Yeah, us three are prefects." Ron snarled, pointing at himself, Hermione and Arthur. "Remember?"

"What, so freedom of speech isn't allowed now, is it?" Gennie scowled. "Was that another one of her oppressive degrees that I missed?"

“I know prefects can’t dock points, Weasel King,” sneered Draco. Crabbe and Goyle sniggered. “But members of the Inquisitorial Squad -” 

"What crap are you spouting now, Draco?" I sighed, already feeling a headache coming on.

“The Inquisitorial Squad, Granger,” said Malfoy, pointing towards a tiny silver ‘I’ on his robes just beneath his prefect’s badge. “A select group of students who are supportive of the Ministry of Magic, hand-picked by Professor Umbridge. Anyway, members of the Inquisitorial Squad do have the power to dock points… so, Granger, I’ll have five from you for being rude about our new Headmistress. Wilde, five for contradicting me. Five because I don’t like you, Potter. Weasley, your shirts untucked, so I’ll have another five for that. Oh yeah, I forgot, you’re a half-breed Lupin, so another ten for that."

Sam pulled out her want, but Gennie pushed it away. "Don't, he isn't worth it."

“Wise move, Lockwood,” breathed Malfoy. “New Head, new times… be good now, Potty… Weasel King…”