Chapter 9: Orlando's Body

Orlando's body washed up on the beach and the police got onto it asking everyone questions so the group had to lay low for awhile, they all went to their homes and work just like normal people would. The police had no leads and no one was coming forward, so the case had gone cold until a young man walked in the police station and told them he could go under cover and find out the truth. He also told them that he knows where the group meets up and how Orlando went missing around the time Jeffery found his father, the police set him up with all the recording equipment he needed and then he was off to the warehouse house to get what he needed.

When he got there it was empty he looked around and nothing was around no guns none of the ammunition, he went down to the lower level and found nothing everything was cleaned. He shouted and called into the police and told them that everything had been cleaned and moved some where else, he was told to stay on top of it and not to let anything get out of his sight no matter what.

He was just about to leave but he was hit from behind, the hiden cameras he had were crushed and broken and so was the recording devices. Zavier and his brother stood by the guy, their father walked and looked at him and said, "You really thought that you had something on us didn't you? One thing you forgot to tell the police is that your finger prints are on his body, don't fuck with my family cause it will never end well."

"You should have known better Luka if you didn't want to be apart of this group you should have never asked to join." He tried attacking but was hit over the head causing him to black out, he woke up a few days later handcuffed to a prison bed he screamed out and his cellmate came down from his bed and just looked at him. The police officer told the Cheif that he was awake, he looked at the chief and he just walked away. He was confused but when he was taken to court he saw on the news that Danny was shaking hands with the chief of police and how the case was closed of him being murdered, Luka couldn't believe that he was now being charged with the murder of Danny even knowing he didn't do it.

He tried so hard to tell everyone that it was Danny and his sons doing but he was admitted in a mental hospital and was told he could never leave, Orlando's death was unsloved and the case remained open but no one took the case. The group slowly made their way back to doing the work they needed to keep the streets in line and to keep others at bay, the one thing Danny always kept in mind is to never trust anyone from the outside.

Once he finished healing he went to the the news station and that is when all his old group memebers came out and were willing to help him out in any way, it was aired on every news channel that he was alive and well and happy to be reunited with his two sons.

His old group memebers kept an eye on all the new memebers including the ones that hate Orlando cause they just might try and turn on him, he stayed in with his sons in the same home he proposed and found out he was going to be a father in. There would be times they all would break down and cry while looking at pictures and reading the baby books that found, Danny of course broke down every day he missed out on so much he tells him self every day that he could go back in time to save her and his family he would.

His sons help by giving him hugs and helping him move on slowly, he has made it clear that he will not date or seeing another woman until he was completely ready. He went to the hospital and wanted to view her records and found that something wasn't right, the woman that they buried wasn't his wife nor the mother if their children. He talked to the chief of police and had the grave brought up, once opened he screamed cried and started breathing hard.

The woman that was buried wasn't his wife it was her mother, he went back and told his sons that they needed a game plan to crack down and find her she was alive and they just needed to go back and look at all the clues that she left behind. The whole group was on it going through files and bank accounts until they found one clue that pointed to everything, Rogers home in Washington D.C. they took a flight out there and waited until they found the next clue to come to light.

Danny and his boys were on the edge and then it hit them all that the only person that could have known about this was Orlando's son, they made calls and with in minutes he was brought to them and so was his family. He looked at Eli  "If you know anything about my wife and where she is now is the time to tell us and don't lie to me or your family will die." Two man loaded guns and pointed them at his girlfriend and his sleeping daughter, he gasped

"She is kept in Rogers basement, she doesn't have cancer any more she is very violent and wouldn't listen to me. I went there looking for answers on why my father would take part in killing his own brother and that is when I found her, I told her that you were alive she tried stabbing me and telling me that I was the son of the devil."

Danny got a team together and went over to apartment and went down to the basement, he opened the door and saw his wife on her knees praying to be set free he called her name and she turned around and screamed. Her sons ran in and held her, she looked at her husband and said, "Take me home please, they beat me they hurt me please set me free Roger and Orlando are sick. I never had cancer they killed my mother Danny I want them dead I want their family to suffer."

He took off his coat and covered her, he hugged her and took her home he had a few doctors come by to check her out just to be sure. He cried watching her go through that but he wanted to know if they touched her, thankfully they didn't do that the docter confirmed that. He waited until they left he walked up to her slowly and place his hands on her waist.

" I have missed you so much, laying there in that hospital bed for years all I thought about was you and our boys; our beautiful handsome boys."

" All I could think about was our boys part of me held on to you but it just seemed like you were gone, I held on to the memory of us finding out we were going to be parents with both Jeffrey and Zavier. Then the memory of you proposing and marrying me and the chance I'd see my sons again, that is what kept me going."

"Hi mom."

" Zavier! Jeffrey!"

Nothing else was said they hugged her and cried as if this was all part of a fairy tale, shared their stories on how they found each other in detail and how they managed to their father home safely. After all it did seem like a fairy tale just one that has been rewriten, one with a happy ending but the war was still far from over.