Chapter 2

Gary's POV

I finally got to Nurse Joy's office, panting. After I explain what happens, she gives Serena some medicine. I lay Serena down. I look at her. Smooth, delicate skin.. Silky dark blonde hair, soft pink lips.. Suddenly, she shoots up, wide awake. "Huh?!" She quickly looks around. "Hey hey Serena, look at me. You're in Nurse Joy's office.", I looked into her sapphire orbs. She calms down. "Ugh, my head hurts.", Was all she said. I chuckled.

Serena's POV

I looked at Gary, blushing lightly. The nurse's office was across the entire school from the gym. Did he really go all that way just for me? Wait, he probably did this before to some other girl. Why should I believe that this was his first time doing this? The nurse gave me a note for gym. I got up angrily and left. "Hey, what's up with you?", Gary quickly caught up to me. I looked away. "Serena~", He said, wrapping his arm around me. "Get away from me.", I said. "Hey! I carried you all the way to the nurse's office and this is what I get in return?", he said angrily. "...", I went silent, realizing that I forgot to thank him for that. "Thank you..", I sighed. "You can thank me another way than that..", He smirked. I slapped him straight across his face. "Thank you!", I said in a more cheerful voice. Gary deflates. "That's not what I meant.", he said. I giggle. Back at the gym, I changed back into my outfit. I walked out. "Oh my Arceus, Serena! Are you okay?!", Dawn ran to me, engulfing me in a big hug. "I'm alright, Dawn.", I smile. I glare over at the blonde guy that approached me. "What you did wasn't very nice. Have you came to apologize?", I put my hands on my hips. "Yeah, Sorry.. Sorry that your face was in my way!", he said. "What?!", I got in his face. "Listen sugar tits, friends of Ash are my enemies. That includes you, but.. I'll cut you some slack if I can get some of 'this'.", he said roughly, grabbing my behind. I gasp. Before anything else can be said, I saw what felt like slow motion as Gary slammed his fist into Trip's jaw. Trip goes down. Gary was about to punch him again, but Paul stopped Gary, cracking his knuckles. "Let me handle this.", he huffed. What happened after that was.. well, let's just say I'm glad I'm on Paul's good side. The gym teachers both noticed and had to hold Paul back. Trip scrambled to his feet, and he made like a Pokémon and fled. I stared wide-eyed at Paul, who was yelling. "Come back, you little bitch! You think you're so tough, then come and fight me!!" "Paul, calm down..", Dawn rushed to his side. Paul looked at Dawn. He sighed. In all my attention on Paul, I almost forgot that Gary was the one that started it. I looked up at Gary. "Are you okay?", he asked. "A little shaken, but I'm fine.", I said. Everyone went into the changing rooms silently. After everyone changed, the school day ended. All four of us left together. "Thank you, Paul..", I looked up at him. He looked down at me, not saying anything. "...You're welcome.", he finally says. We all approach the group. "Serena, I heard what happened! Are you alright?", Misty asked. "I'm fine.", I smile, gritting my teeth and swallowing a few insults. "I heard from a few girls that something happened in gym with Paul, Gary, and Trip. What happened?", Drew asked. Dawn explained what happened. "Aww, Gary and Paul. That was so sweet of you to stand up for Serena like that. Serves Trip right.", May crossed her arms. "Man, I remember when Trip kicked May. I wanted to kill him.", Drew said. "He WHAT?!", I gasped. "Yep, he kicked me in my face. Drew and Paul stood up for me.", She hugged Paul. "I need to watch out for this guy.", I thought to myself. A green bus pulls up. Barry, Misty, May and Drew go over to the bus, waving back at the rest of the group. After a while, the bus leaves. "I believe that bus goes all the way to Cyllage City.", I think. A red bus pulls up soon after. As the rest of us boards, Gary takes out a Pokeball. "Hey Gary, what are you doing?", I asked. "I usually teleport home." "Nonsense. Get on the bus.", I grab his wrist and pull him onto the bus. I pull him next to me in two empty seats. "Why did I go along with this?", Gary sweatdropped. "Because I said so.", I smile. Suddenly, I get a few texts. I take out my PokeGear.

Miss Troublesome<3 has invited you into her chatroom 'MAH BESTIESSSSS' .

I accept it.

SerenaTheQueen17 has joined.