Chapter 13

Third POV

The next day, Serena woke up. She stared at the ceiling, slightly dazed. The events of what had happened the night before played in her mind.

Her anger came rushing back as she remembered how rude Calem was being. "That jerk..", she muttered.

Trying to suppress her anger, she got up and started stretching. She then grabbed her phone and unlocked it. When she unlocked it, she realized her messages were still up.

Then she remembered the events that occurred with Gary. She blushed, reading his message again and again, her smile growing bigger. Her anger was now gone.

She went into her contacts and started to call May. Eventually, she picked up.

"Hey Serena! What are you doing up this early on a Sunday?"

Serena checked the time on her phone. It was 8:13 AM.

"Honestly, I didn't even know it was this early. I wonder why you're up too.", Serena chuckled.

"Well, about that... I'm trying to get adjusted to our new neighbors. I haven't met them yet though." Serena listened closer and she could make out a bit of background music.

"Huh..", she said, remembering that she had been told that someone was moving. She couldn't remember off the top of her head. "I'm a bit nervous to meet them, to be honest."

"Maybe I could come over and we can go meet them together." May sighed. "I mean, if you really want to, I'm not gonna stop you."

They talked for a bit more before she hung up. Serena stared at her contacts, her eyes glued to Calem's Number.

Reluctantly, she softly pressed the call button. It rung twice, then was declined.

She sighed. "What is wrong with him?"

-

"Hey May!", Serena smiled as May let her in. "Thankfully, they turned off their music just before you got here."

Serena sat at the table, May sitting next to her.

"So, have you heard anything from Gaaaary today?", May said teasingly. "Not yet.", Serena shrugged, grabbing a piece of candy from the dish on the table.

"Well, it IS still early, I suppose.", May said thoughtfully.

The friends made breakfast together and left after they were done eating. "Where does the neighbors live?"

May pointed to the house across the street from hers.

They both walked across the street to the house until they were both standing at the front door.

May lifted her arm and knocked timidly.

There was no answer.

"What if no one's home?", May asked. Serena smiled confidently. "You never know. Besides, Gary doesn't call my knocking annoying for nothing. I've got knuckles of steel."

"Serena, I don't think t-"

Serena didn't let May finish and began obnoxiously knocking on the door. May sweatdropped.

This time, the door opened slightly.

A Pokemon poked its head out the door, a navy blue handkerchief with a Mega Stone on it wrapped around its neck.

"Tile?"

Serena's blood ran cold, realizing who the Sceptile belonged to, and who she'd had the "moving" conversation with.

The door then opened all the way, revealing a very disheveled Calem. His eyes were red, and his face drenched in tears. A cup of unknown substance was in his hand.

Serena stared in disbelief as Calem glared at her.

"Get off my property. Both of you.", he said groggily.

With that, the door was slammed shut.

They both stood there in complete silence, stunned. May turned to Serena, who had an unreadable look on her face.

"Wait out here..", she said softly before opening the door and closing it, leaving May in a state of confusion.

-

Serena stepped inside, softly patting Sceptile on the head. "Calem, you can't avoid me forever..", she said, the sad and dark atmosphere inside his house becoming overwhelming.

Calem didn't turn around. "Leave me alone. Go spend time with your douchebag boyfriend.", he choked out, starting to shake slightly.

Serena shook her head. "Calem, talk to me. What's going on with you?"

His head hung low. "You know exactly what's going on with this whole situation. I warned you about him, and you still decided to hang around him."

Serena stayed silent.

"You think you're gonna change him or some other type of bull? I can guarantee you that he's probably out with another girl at this very moment. Do you really think he actually cares about you?? T-"

Before he could say anymore, he felt his body jerk forward and hit the soft carpet. He turned his head around and Serena held her stance, her arms still extended out.

One large tear ran down her face, the other threatening to do the same.

"Jackass."

With that, she turned around and walked to the door. She paused as she grabbed the doorknob.

"You know, it's ironic. For someone who's supposedly "bad for me", Gary's managed to make me so much happier than my own "friend" has. Makes me wonder if you even ARE my friend."

Serena then opened the door and gently closed it, leaving a frozen Calem, his expression changing between bitterness, anger and sadness.

(A/N: Guys, I am SO sorry it took me this long to update KDSLSKSK FORGIVE ME)