Chapter 8

Serena's POV

At that point, we had realized it wasn't even us he was talking to.

"Gary... He's not alone.", I pointed out. Standing next to Trip was a brown haired girl.

"Her...", Gary's glare turned darker.

"You know her?", I asked in a curious tone.

"I'll explain to you later but for now, we need to get out of here before they try to hurt you..."

I nod silently. We, along with our pokemon walked off.

We went into a diner. "You never told me who that girl was..", I said, being the tiniest bit impatient.

"Leaf..", Gary said quietly.

My eyes widen.

Leaf?!

Then I remember what Calem had told me.

"He's a heartbreaker. He doesn't care about girls' feelings. Listen, there was a girl that went here. Her name was Leaf. Leaf was independent and strong, and she had a crush on Gary. He dated Leaf longer than the other girls, but he slowly broke her down. He cheated on her 20 times. Then she reached her breaking point when Gary took her friend's virginity. It was so bad for the poor girl that she transferred because she couldn't even go to school without crying all day or being reminded of Gary when she stepped into school grounds."

But I wanted Gary's part of the story..

I pretended like I didn't know who Leaf was. "So how do you know her?", I asked.

"Ex girlfriend."

"Oh, one time thing?"

"Nope. My first real girlfriend. She loved me and I loved her."

I felt a sting in my heart when he said that.

"You.. loved her?", I asked, trying my hardest not to sound hurt.

I guess he did notice, cause he looked at me.

"Yeah, but there's.. someone else on my mind now.", he smirked, draping his arm around me.

I blushed bright red.

"Stupid porcupine..", I muttered quietly.

Calem's POV

I looked as Gary had his arm around Serena. I felt more jealous than anything.

I had been spying on them. I saw Gary and Serena exiting school together. I got very suspicious about what they could've been doing together.

So I followed them.

Why would Serena wanna be around him anyway, even after all of the things I told her?

"Your order, sir?"

I looked up to see a brown haired waitress.

I ordered then when she went away, I continued to spy on Gary and Serena.

They weren't too far away so I could hear them.

"Hey Gary?"

"Yeah?"

"I have to go use the bathroom. I'll be back.", Serena said, getting up.

"Oh, okay."

That's when she walked off.

I got up, cup of ice cold water in my hand. I looked around and no one seemed to be suspicious.

I walked towards their booth.