Chapter 4

Serena's POV

I kneeled down next to Gary. "Someone, call 911!", I shouted. "I'm on it.", Misty said. I looked down at the gunshot wound. It was in his shoulder. "Gary! Gary, are you okay?!", tears were overflowing my eyes. "Serena..", He said. I looked closer. "I'm alright. One shoulder injury isn't gonna stop me.", He said stubbornly. "Gary, you're not alright. You've been shot." He winces, grabbing his shoulder with his hand. ~~ The ambulance and Officer Jenny came. We all gave Officer Jenny pictures of Trip. The paramedics placed Gary on a stretcher. "Serena?", Gary looked at me. "Yeah, Gary?", I said, after blowing my nose. "You're prettier when you smile.", he said, giving me a small smile. My eyes widen, causing a few tears to run down my face, then I smile a little. "Yeah, that's it.", he said, then the doors to the ambulance closed. Everyone looked sadly as the ambulance drove off, the sirens still echoing in the distance. "Poor Gary.", May said. Dawn looked at me. "Uh, Serena? Are you..", she paused. I was smiling while tears ran down my face. "Yeah.", I said. "Hey, can you take your bags back?", Barry said. "No.", Me and Dawn said at the same time. Eventually, everyone left until only me, Dawn and Paul were the only ones. We had grabbed our stuff from Barry. We all just decided to go home.

~~Timeskip: Four Days~~

Serena's POV

Thankfully, Gary made a full recovery from his injury. There was a small infection in the wound, but it got cleared up. Gary had to stay home for a few days. At school, it seemed somewhat... different. I hated to admit, but I actually kinda missed that dumb Porcupine. "Thinking about that special someone?" I look up to see May and Dawn smirking. "Gary's nothing special to me.", I cross my arms. "Oh, really? Why were you thinking about him then?", Dawn asked. "Dammit, Dawn. You tricked me again.", I puff my cheeks. "I'm just worried. Gary is okay now, but Trip... he's still on the loose." Dawn and May's playful expressions falter. "Oh yeah. We need to watch out for him." "Hey Sere.", Calem runs up to me. Dawn and May's eyes widened. "Hey Calem.", I smile. "Uh, can I borrow, like 10 dollars?", He asked sheepishly. "Why?" "I may have forgotten my lunch money at home.", he scratches the back of his head. While I search my purse for my wallet, Calem waves to Dawn and May. They erupt into giggles and wave back. "Here. You owe me.", I hand him the money, winking at him. "Yes I do.", Calem winks back, making me blush. Then he walked away. "Serena, Who was THAT?", May was pretty much fanning herself. "That's.. Calem? I thought you all knew I hung out with him." "Serena, he's so.. he's so perfect for you!", Dawn smiles. "Hey! As for me, I think Serena is perfect for GARY.", May crossed her arms. I blush furiously. "Ugggggghhh...", I groan, slamming my head onto the lunch table. I take out my PokeGear.

SerenaTheQueen17: Hey. R u okay?

SerenaTheQueen17: Hello?

ThePorcupineHunk: Yeah. You woke me up though.

SerenaTheQueen17: Oh! I'm Srry :(

ThePorcupineHunk: Nah, it's actually pretty cute tht you're checking on me. ;)

SerenaTheQueen17: Shut it >:T

ThePorcupineHunk: What are you gonna ask next? Am I single? Cause I'm definitely single. ;)

SerenaTheQueen17: And it's gonna stay tht way. Never would I get with anybody like U. :/

ThePorcupineHunk: :(

SerenaTheQueen17: :D

SerenaTheQueen17: Hey, can I come over l8r?

ThePorcupineHunk: Sure thing, bby. ;)

SerenaTheQueen17: Call me that again, and yur a DEAD MAN. >:/

"Awww! She's texting Gary!", May leans closer to my PokeGear. I quickly shove it into my purse, blushing bright red. "May!", I get up, stepping back. "You and Gary are my otp.", May smirks. "B-B-But... May!", I said, frowning. I hope she didn't see what we were texting about. The last thing I need is May coming with me, fangirling. I sighed. After school, I was on my way to Gary's house (using Dawn's Togekiss). Suddenly, a Flash Cannon move barely misses Togekiss. I look down and I see... two trainers having a Pokémon battle. "Hey, watch it!", I yell at the two trainers. One looks up. "Wait, is that Paul?", I thought. "Oh hey, Paul!", I waved. He turned around, not responding. "Typical Paul.", I think while sweatdropping.
We arrive at Gary's house a while later. "Thank you, Togekiss.", I smiled. "Toge!", It said before flying off. I knock on the door. Waiting... Waiting.. No answer. I knock again. No answer again. I start to get annoyed. I knock a little louder. STILL no answer. A vein pops out of my head. I knock again, this time so obnoxiously loud, that people start to notice from across the street. "I'm COMING! DAMN!", a voice, sounding very annoyed, boomed through the other side of the door. It opened, revealing a wet, shirtless Gary with a towel wrapped around his waist. My face turned dark red. "D-Do y-y-you ne..need m-more ti-time?", I turned into a stammering fool. "Oh, it's just you. Do you have to knock so loud?", He asked. "Ahem. Of course I do!", I snapped out of my trance. "Hmm~ You look good.", His eyes drift to my unnoticed cleavage that was out. I pull my shirt up. "Stupid pervert.", I mumbled, stomping into Gary's house. "What? No hug?", Gary closed the door. "Why would I hug a naked pervert?", I grumbled, plopping down on the couch. "I'm not a pervert.", Gary said. "Yeah, whatever.", I looked the other way. He went upstairs and into his room, and closed the door (More like slammed). What's with him? He's the one being a pervert. Some friend he is. He didn't even show me around the house. I looked down and spotted a small blue notebook under the other couch. "Professor Oak's Summer Camp", it said then it said the year it took place in. "I remember these notebooks. I still have mine!", I thought. Then I remember when Professor Oak gave these to us our very first day at summer camp. He told us that it was a journal. You could draw or write down the best memories at camp. I wonder what he wrote in his. I slowly picked it up. I looked up. He was probably still dressing, or whatever. I opened it. Then I thought about the last night before camp ended. Did he write anything down for that night? I flipped to the last few dates until I found the right one. I started reading the childish handwriting.

Tonight is the night before camp ends. I'm sad to see my friends from other regions go. I wish Ash lived in another region. He's annoying.

I giggled at that part. I skip a few paragraphs that's mostly boasting about how he's better than Ash.

11:37 pm

It was a disaster. I saw the pretty girl crying. I did make her feel better, but when I gave her the flower, she just ripped it up and threw it into the pond after I had walked away. What did I do wrong? I'm hurt, Arceus. What did I do wrong? I didn't know girls could be so.. cruel. Should I be cruel back? What am I supposed to do? Help me, Arceus. I don't wanna be hurt anymore.

-Gary Oak

Next to his name is a few blurry spots on the paper. I dropped the book into my lap in shock. I.. broke his heart.. I.. was the one who made him like this. "Hey, you've been awfully quiet down there. What are you doing?", I heard Gary open his door. I quickly put the book under the couch, but I was still too surprised to say anything. "Serena?", he walked down the stairs. "I'm sorry.", I whispered so quiet that it was barely audible. "What?", He looked at me, confused. "I'm SORRY!", I yelled, wrapping my arms around him. I could tell through body language that he was very confused. "Serena, what the hell are you talking about?", Gary stepped back. "I broke your heart!", I buried my face in his shirt. "What the... You read my journal, didn't you?", Gary asked. I slowly nod. He sighed heavily. "So what? That wasn't heartbreak. It was a lesson that if I ever opened my heart to a girl again, I would get my feelings stomped all over." "Gary, don't be stupid. That's not true at all. It all depends on who you're in love with.", I looked up at him. Beep beep! Gary takes out his PokeGear, then he turned and walked upstairs. "Where are you going?" He turns around. "Come on. I'm not leaving you down here again." "Oh.. Okay..", I said, stepping up the stairs.

Dawn's POV

Me and May snuck into Gary's house after we saw them go upstairs. Actually, it took us about 15 minutes to find a spare key since he didn't have a door mat. Then we had finally gotten in... through the window. "Hmmm, they've been up there for quite a while.", I said. "Ooo, they could be watching a movie, or hugging, or kissing, or fuc-" "Oooookay, May. No need to get into detail.", I sweatdropped. May's eyes sparkled. "Aww, my nieces and nephews will be so cuteee~!", May squealed. "Shhhh!! They don't know we're in here!", I hissed. "Oh, sorry..", she said quietly. We quietly snuck up the stairs. "Where could they be?", I asked softly. May pointed to the closed door. We pressed our ears to the door. "A-Ahh~ Gary.. That hurts.." My eyes widened. "What the hell?!", I thought, turning bright red. Could they actually be... "Sorry.. I'll be gentle.." May's eyes sparkled. She mouthed 'They're f**king' at me. My face turned red. "That feels so~ good" All of the sudden, May slammed open the door, yelling, "I CALLED IT!" I fell to the floor due to the fact that my entire upper body was leaning on the door. I looked up and Serena had an ice pack on her arm, and Gary was holding up Serena's hissing Fennekin. Serena and Gary both jumped in surprise. "Wha...What the hell?! What are you two doing in my house?!", Gary asked. I was about to lie. "Well, we wanted to spy on you and we thought you two were f**king.", May said bluntly, shrugging. "And if we actually was, you still would've came in?!", Serena turned red. "Nah. I'd lock the doors, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one thinking about it.", Gary winked at me. Serena threw her ice pack at Gary, smacking him right in his face. "Stupid pervert.", she muttered angrily while blushing. "So, what were you two actually doing?" "We were working out as you can obviously see that this is my home gym. She wanted Fennekin to work out with her so she let it out. But.. I am definitely not Fennekin's favorite person. It tried to attack me using Ember, but Serena took the hit for me and her arm got burned, so I gave her the ice pack." May squealed but it was inaudible. "Then this asshole thought it was okay to put a ton of pressure on my arm." "I said I was gonna be gentle!", Gary glared at Serena. "Fennekin, return.", she returned Fennekin. "And why would you pick up Fennekin?" "It was about to gnaw on my good shoes." "Ship!!", May squeaked. I sighed, getting up. "Come on, May.", I said, dragging May out of the room. "NUUUUU, but what if they really do f**k this time?", May whined. Gary and Serena's faces turn red. "Wait, Gary? You're blushing?!", My eyes widen. May turns around. "What? No way. I'd be.. glad to make that a reality.", Gary smirks at Serena. She slaps him with the melted ice pack, causing water to get on his face. "Go get me another ice pack.", she scolded, muttering. "Yeah, okay.", He looked away, walking downstairs. Before I could ask Serena anything, Gary dragged us out the door. But I put my foot in front of the door before he can close it. "What?" "You're falling for her aren't you?", I asked quietly. "No.. Not a chance. I'm a player! I...", he pauses. "I...", he says softly. "Don't worry, Gary. It's gonna be okay." "You don't understand! She doesn't feel the same. She likes.. Ash.", he says, then he shut the door, locked it and the window we got in through. "But... I do understand.", I thought.