Chapter 9

May's POV

I laughed as I was walking home with Zoey, a new friend I had made.

We had met earlier in the day.

We had gotten along greatly and I even found out we went to the same school.

"Ohhh, so you know the girl that beat the crap outta Miette?", she said, snickering.

"Yep. Miette got what she deserved.", I said. Zoey nodded in approval.

Suddenly, Zoey's phone buzzed. She looked down at it, then sighed. "My dad wants me home." Zoey then turned to me. I looked up at her dark red eyes.

"I'll see you at school.", Zoey smiled at me. I just stared at her confusingly. "Huh, what's wrong May?"

I snapped out of it, smiling back at her. "Nothing. I'll talk to you later, Zoey.", I said, sounding a tad bit nervous.

Zoey nodded before waving and walking off.

I looked down in confusion. "What's wrong with me?", I thought as I felt something weird in the pit of my stomach. I shrugged it off. "Forget it, I have to get home soon before it gets too dark.", I thought as I began to walk down the sidewalk.

Serena's POV

Gary was still pissed as we walked to his car. "Cheer up, Gary.", I smiled. He was walking with a scowl on his face.

"Just to let you know, Calem is getting his ass beat the next time I see him.", Gary said.

I sighed. "Please don't."

Gary just stayed silent. We walked the rest of the way without a word.

On the way back, he spoke up.

"Looks like things didn't go the way I expected. Trip, Leaf AND Calem screwed up our day.", he muttered.

"Gary, I still had fun with you.", I smirked.

"Yeah, now is not the time for lying."

I looked at Gary, offended. "And WHY would I lie to you?"

Gary went silent.

He didn't speak again until he was in front of my house.

"Nite, Serena.", He said. I looked at him sadly. I honestly didn't want it to end like this.

"Gary?"

"Yeah?", he looked at me.

"Come in. Let watch some movies."

"What?", he looked at me confusingly.

"If you think our little date was ruined, the night is still young.", I winked. Gary slightly blushed when I mentioned the word 'date'.

"Yeah, alright. What kind of movies do you have?", Gary asked, smiling.

~~

Melody's POV

I grabbed my coat and left the diner. I never told my new friends but I work there.

I felt the same sting in my heart as Gary's words ran through my mind.

"And I'm in love with her!"

I sighed. I did catch feelings for Gary and it hurt to hear that from him.

But the thing is, he's still single. Why isn't she with him yet?

"Hey there gorgeous."

I turned around to see a blond guy and a brown haired girl sitting in a car.

"Quit flirting. It was already bad enough that you made us lose track of Serena and Gary.", she glared at him.

"Huh?", I got confused.

"Listen, we've been following your little friends around. Do you know where they are?", the guy said.

I shook my head. "They did have a little date in the diner I work in. But that's all I know.", I shrugged.

"Pfft, useless-"

"Wait, did you say a DATE?!", the girl asked jealously. I sweatdropped.

Gary is quite the heartthrob, isn't he?

"Who are you two?", I asked.

"None of your business.", they both said and sped off.

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter >_<' I've been a bit busy with my other books but I promise I'll update on this one.)