Chapter 3

Serena's POV

The next day, I got up later than usual cause it's the weekend. I wear my usual outfit. I text Dawn.

SerenaTheQueen17: I'm ready Dawn :)

Miss Troublesome<3: Great! :D

SerenaTheQueen17: Wait, how are we gonna get everyone together on time.

Miss Troublesome<3: I leave that to Gary. :P

SerenaTheQueen17: Aww man, he's coming too? It's gonna be awkward :(

Miss Troublesome<3: No it isn't.

Miss Troublesome<3: oh. I forgot. You kissed him. ;w;

SerenaTheQueen17: :(

Miss Troublesome<3: It's not that bad. He said he liked it. :3

SerenaTheQueen17: Which makes it worse for me ;-;

Miss Troublesome<3: Look on the bright side. :)

SerenaTheQueen17: What bright side? ┐(゚д゚┐)

I stepped outside and suddenly, Gary teleported right in front of me. "EEP!", I fall back. "Whoops..", He scratches the back of his neck. "Very funny, Gare-Bear.", I glare up at him. He helps me up. "Come on. Let's go get the others.", he said. He laces his fingers in mine. "Hey hey! No touching!", I yank my hand away from his. "How do you expect me to teleport with you then?", He crosses his arms. I exhale sharply through my nose. "Fine, but I'm not holding hands with you.", I said, grabbing onto his arm. ~~ After we got everyone together, we all went inside the mall. "I'm going to the Food Court!", May said, dragging Drew with her. "You know money doesn't grow on trees, so how exactly are you gonna pay for everything you eat?", Drew taunted. May glared at Drew. "Uh, now what?", Barry shrugged. "Ooh, Ash! Let's go get our pictures taken.", Misty points at the photo booth nearby. Before Ash can respond, Misty dragged him in the booth anyway. I looked away, jealous. Gary looked a little uncomfortable. "Uh, Serena? Aren't you gonna, shop or, whatever?", He said, uneasy. "Of course I am! Come on, Dawn!", I said angrily. Dawn followed cheerily. Paul and Gary sat on the couches outside the store. "Hey Serena, look at how cute this shirt is!", Dawn held up a cute white shirt with a Piplup on it. "Yeah. All of these shirts have all region starters on it! I'm getting a Fennekin shirt." Me and Dawn scour the entire store. My PokeGear vibrates.

ThePorcupineHunk: Can you two hurry up?

SerenaTheQueen17: No.

I put my PokeGear back in my purse. 15 minutes later, we walk out carrying only three bags. "Really? All that time for THREE bags?!", Gary complains. "We're both picky.", I said, shrugging. "Aren't you pissed about this?!", Gary looked over at Paul. He just shrugs. "Doesn't matter to me.", he says, noticing the grin on Dawn's face. I smiled at Paul. "What?", he said, noticing me. "Ohh, nothing...", I innocently put my hands behind my back, smiling. The four of us walked together. "Hey, I just noticed that I mostly hang out with you three.", I said. "I don't know about Dawn and Paul, but you hang with me cause I'm irresistible.", Gary flexes. "Nah, you're very resistable.", I crossed my arms. "WHAT?!", Gary turned white. Dawn giggled. "Gary, you have to face facts. I'm not ever gonna think of a guy like you as 'irresistible'.", I tilted my head. "What if I took the 'gentleman' approach?", Gary said, pulling out a random flower from out of nowhere. I gasp. That flower... It's the same as.. That's why he was so familiar!! He's the guy from summer camp!

Flashback

This happened after I met Ash. It was the night before camp ended. I was sitting outside. I missed my mom. "Are you okay?" I looked up and I saw a boy my age (at the time) and he sat down next to me. "I want my mommy!", I started crying. He put a comforting arm around me. "It's alright. Camp ends tomorrow.", he said. "But I want my mommy now!", I complained. He sighed. "If you don't know the phrase 'Good things come to those who wait', then now's the time for you to know." I looked at him, still teary-eyed. He shyly handed me a flower. "You know, you're prettier when you smile.", He said, then he got up and walked off. I pulled off the stem and tossed the top of the flower in the pond. It floated. I liked flowers that floated on water like that. But it sank after a while.