Chapter 12

Everything seemed to stop.

Serena had willingly just given Gary her first kiss.

She moved back, their lips parting.

Serena smiled at a very shocked and flustered Gary, before reality hit her.

She kissed Gary.

Her eyes widened as a dark shade of red filled her face. She quickly turned around and ran into her house, shutting the door.

"Serena!", Gary called out, but it was already too late. The brown haired boy stood there, confused.

"Serena..", he said more softly.

He smiled, but he didn't say anything. "Guess I know how you feel now..", Gary thought, before turning around and walking to his car.

Gary got inside and was about to close the door, when he heard a faint vibration. He looked to the right and saw that Serena had accidentally left her phone.

He curiously picked it up and saw the words "Calem" in bold white letters on the screen.

Gary frowned. He answered the phone.

"Hey Serena! I-"

"She's busy.", Gary said roughly before ending the call.

He sighed, getting back out of the car to hand Serena her phone.

He knocked at the door and thought to himself as he waited for Serena to open the door. "Why can't he just give up already? It's pretty obvious who she wants to be with right about now."

Suddenly, the door cracked open and Serena peeked out, still visibly embarrassed. Gary smirked, handing her phone to her. "You forgot this."

Serena reached out and grabbed it, opening the door a little more. She blushed deeply and tried to hide it, although it was dark outside and he couldn't even see it. She put the phone in her pocket and opened the door all the way.

She stepped forward and hugged Gary. He hugged back, a bit tighter than she did when his mind went back to Calem.

"Oh crap, I have to get home.. It's getting late.", Gary let go of Serena.

"Yeah, it is late..", Serena finally spoke up.

Gary turned away to walk to his car again.

"I'll see you at school... Gare-Bear.", Serena called out, smiling.

Gary turned around and gave Serena a smile. "Yeah. See ya tomorrow, Sere."

~~

SerenaTheQueen17 has invited MayLovesFood and Miss Troublesome<3 to her group chat.

MayLovesFood has accepted the invitation.

Miss Troublesome<3 has accepted the invitation.

SerenaTheQueen17: MAY. DAWN. HELP ME. ;-;

MayLovesFood: Are you in loveeee~?

SerenaTheQueen17 : Actually, yes.. ;-;

Miss Troublesome<3: Oooo, is it Caaalem ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MayLovesFood: Dawn, you are a horrible Serena x Gary shipper.

SerenaTheQueen17: WOT

MayLovesFood: Yep. I'm a loyal, uH.. Garena shipper. :3

SerenaTheQueen17: Seriously? Garena?