Chapter 6~Macho Man

As I step into the airport, I conclude that I don't want to be here. Standing behind Ryan, I look around and see a lot of people. More than I prefer to be around, that's for sure. (A/N idk how airports work lol)

"Once we go through security, it will be downhill from there," Jack says, probably trying to get my nerves down.

"Okay, all I've got to do is get through security, and then I'll be okay." I chant over and over in my head. But nothing is that simple for me. 

"You're good," the security officer says in a burly tone.

 Nodding, I grab my stuff and turn to my brothers so we can move on. However, when I turn my body around to where they should be standing, they are nowhere to be seen. On the verge of tears, I grab my phone from my pocket and open Andrew's contact. "Pick up, pick up, pick up," I mutter under my breath to whoever is listening. Where the actual hell are they? They would never leave me.....right? At least I don't think they would. I mean, I'm pretty needy at times, but surely they wouldn't leave me in an airport. With my mind racing and over-thinking as always, I start to feel myself begin to have a panic attack. 

"DENVER," someone yells, breaking my train of thought. I look toward where I think the sound came from, and I see my brothers standing there. 

Relief washes over me, and I feel like I can't get to them quick enough. I really need a hug right now. I start running towards them, crashing into Andrew. 

"Where were you? Don't ever do that again," I say, hitting his chest at the last part.

 "We didn't see you, so we tried to find a security guard which we did not find, and I'm kinda annoyed about it" Andrew then keeps rambling on about how non secure this airport is.

"But Denver Blake, don't YOU do that again," He says, throwing my words back at me. "We were worried sick, and it's not like we could find actual help here," he says as he goes into another tangent about the airport's safety.

 All I care about is I don't have to live in the airport now, I could care less about the security at the moment. After a few bone-crushing hugs and a couple of warnings later, we are on our way to the baggage claim. While waiting for our bags, Andrew has a death grip on my arm. I guess his lack of faith in the security has really got him worried, which I understand. With that being said, I can't feel my arm anymore.

 "Ahh, Andrew, you're cutting the circulation off of my arm," I say trying to wiggle my arm out of his vice-grip like hold. 

"Well, it's either that or I hold your hand," He says, not releasing his hold in the slightest, if anything he tightens it. Rolling my eyes and praying he didn't see, I continue waiting for my bag.

 I hope it comes soon because any longer and the blood will be completely cut off from my arm. After everyone gets their crap together, we sit in the uncomfortable plastic chairs by where you board your plane. "Flight 67 to the Bahamas is now boarding." The monotone voice informs from the speakers. Welp, this is where my anxiety has decided to make its appearance. Getting scared, I pull on Andrew's sleeve. 

"Drew, I'm scared," I say in a small voice. I know it's pretty pathetic for a 14-year-old boy to tell their older brother that's he's scared, but that's what I've been taught to do. I've always been told to "tell one of us how your feeling and we will fix it," and honestly, I still believe my brothers can fix anything. Even the things I've gone through lately. 

"Your okay baby, I'll be with you the entire time." Andrew shushes me. He called me baby, which means I probably look as scared as I feel.

 "Promise?" I ask because I know that it's the only way I can step foot on that plane. 

"I promise, baby," he says and kisses my forehead, making me reach up with my hoodie sleeve and wipe it off.

 "I'm heartbroken. Did you just wipe my kiss-off?" Andrew asks, holding his heart, making me laugh. See, what did I tell you they can make everything better. No matter what, they can always make me smile. 

Getting on the plane, we find out that Andrew and I are sitting with some random person in a row, and Ryan and Jack are also sitting in a row with some random person. Just my luck, I have a middle seat, meaning on one side of me there will be some random stranger. Worried, Andrew looks at me and sits down in his seat, motioning me to do the same. Apparently, I can't catch a break today because a man who looks like he has a stick up his ass, plops down beside me. He takes one look at me, sticks his nose up, and turns away. Well, he seems to be in a lovely mood. Scared, I put my head on Andrew's shoulder, silently telling him to do something. Knowing that I don't need words to communicate with my brothers, he immediately understands. He starts to play with my hair, which has put me to sleep since I was little. As I drift off to sleep, I feel Andrew kiss my head.                                                                                  

~time skip~

"Den wake up," I hear Andrew whisper, raising my head up to take in my surroundings. Everyone from the plane is up getting luggage, so I'm guessing we have landed. 

Andrew is massaging his arm since I assume I put it to sleep from using it as a pillow. Payback for the vice-grip you had on mine in the baggage claim, bub. 

I stand up to stretch my tight limbs, and one minute I'm standing perfectly fine, and the next minute I'm laying on top of the macho man I sat by. I guess I tripped or something since I have the coordination of a newborn deer. 

 "You better get your wimp of a son or whatever he is to you under control," the man says, pushing me off him and into Andrew's waiting arms. 

The flight really improved his mood.

 "leave it. I'm fine," I whisper, hoping to keep Andrew from immediately fighting the man. Growling, he hands me my suitcase, wraps his arms around my torso, and guides out of the row to find Ryan and Jack. 

"The quicker we get out of here, the better," Andrew says to Ryan and Jack after finding them, clearly still mad at my plane riding "friend."

 "What happened to him," Jack asks, confused as to why Andrew looks like he could kill something.

 "Long story," I simply say and start walking in the direction Andrew went. 

Once we made it outside and the warm air hits my face, I push the plane ride out of my mind. 

"We are in the Bahamas!!!" I yell.

 I can hear my brothers laughing at my child-like antics,but I don't really care. I'm going to have the best time here with my family. I'm also going to forget everything that happened because the beach can fix everything, right?

Edited A/N~I hope y'all enjoyed that chapter, I know it needed a lot of changes lol. Until next time💜