Chapter 26~Sunday Mornings

Austin's P.O.V

Today is Sunday, the last day of the weekend. I'm not looking forward to school tomorrow, but since it's the beginning of a new semester Denver and I have more classes together. That's a happy thought. My arm is about to fall off. It has been asleep for about an hour, but I can't find it in me to wake the precious boy on me. He felt a bit down today, so I did the only thing I knew how to do; I cuddled him.

I have to get some food and move my arm though, I can't handle it anymore. I skillfully remove the sleeping boy out from under my arm and shimmy off the bed. He stirs, and I hold my breath because I think he's going to wake up. He just rolls over and curls into a ball, allowing me to breathe again. He needs sleep, he never gets any. Feeling pretty proud of myself, I tiptoe down the stairs in his room and sneak out of the door.

I think Ryan had a game today, and Andrew went with him. That just leaves me, Denver, and Jack at the Taylor household for most of the day. To be honest, Jack kinda scares me. I mean sure, Andrew and Ryan are very overprotective of Denver and would kill for him. Jack is different though, he has a crazy side, and he's not afraid to show it. Especially not when it comes to his baby brother. Jack also somehow just knows everything, which is kinda creepy but whatever. But to be honest, I can't blame him. I'm getting pretty overprotective over Denver myself. Denver is just so sweet and caring. He would do anything for the people he loves and hell, he'll do a lot for someone he despises. Not to mention he's the cutest human on the face of the planet. I'll admit it I've caught feelings for the pretty boy. 

I will never ever tell him, though. I don't want to ruin what we have, which is an amazing friendship. So if it means I have to get over my "little" crush, then so be it. When I get to the kitchen, Jack is already up, which is surprising since he is usually the last to roll out of bed. He's sitting on the couch watching some tv show and eating a bowl of cereal. I go to the kitchen to make me a bowl so I can join him. Once I've made a bowl and everything is put up, I head over to the couch and sit on the opposite end.

"Where's Denver?" He asks

"Asleep," I say, simply shoving a spoonful of Cheerios into my mouth.

"And he didn't wake up when you got out of bed?" Jack asks one eyebrow up.

"Nope, he stirred a little but didn't wake up," I say after I finish chewing.

"That's pretty impressive. He's a pretty light sleeper," Jack says, getting a bite of his own cereal. "I know I was pretty impressed with myself," I say, smiling.

After that, we fall into a comfortable silence. We just eat our cereal and watch whatever Jack has the tv on.

Once we're finished, Jack takes both of our bowls and puts them into the sink. When he comes back, he doesn't take his prior position at the end of the couch. He sits a little closer to me with one leg folded under his butt and the other one hanging off the sofa to face me more.

Oh, lord, help me. This seems like an overprotective brother talk just waiting to happen, and I don't think I'm prepared for one of those at nine A.M.

"Do you like him?" Jack asks seriously.