Chapter 15~ Back to normal

Andrew signed us all out early because I literally almost died, so let's just say none of us were ready to be separated. They were hovering over me like I could break at any moment. I liked the extra attention since I haven't been getting my daily dose of my overprotective brothers. Once we are all in Andrew's truck, the tension becomes very awkward. It's like they don't know what to say next. Until Jack broke the silence with the most "Jack" sentence, I have ever heard.

"Alright, little brother, I would like to formally apologize for being a dick."

I huff out a laugh because leave it to him to make an apology funny.

Andrew shoots him a glare in the rearview mirror.

"What Jack was trying to say was, we are so so sorry. We should always put you first, and I think we kind of forgot that for a minute," Andrew says, making eye contact with me in the mirror.

"Yeah, little one, we are all sorry, and we love you to the moon," Ryan says, tightening the hold he has on my shoulders.

"It's okay. I know you guys were busy with the leeches and all," I say back.

"The what?" Andrew asks.

Oops, did I say that out loud?

"The leeches, that's what I started calling Sophie and Maddison," I say, trying to stifle a laugh.

"Leave it to you, Denver," Andrew says while laughing lightly.

"What about Brooklyn?" Jack asks

"I like her. She gave me candy," I say back to him.

Jack laughs and rubs it into the other two that he can find better girlfriends. We make it home pretty quickly because Drew was maybe breaking the speed limit a little bit.

"Alright, buddy, when we get in the house, go change into some comfy clothes, and then we'll talk," Andrew says while he fumbles with his keys trying to get into the lock on the door. I just nod. I don't really want to talk to anyone about anything right now, but when Drew wants to talk, he wants to talk. One we make it inside, I go to my room and slip on a hoodie and sweatpants. I take my time walking down the stairs to put off the conversation as long as possible. My slow walking didn't really work because before I know it, I make it down the stairs. They are all sitting on various seats in the living room. I pick a seat by Andrew because I know that's where he will tell me to sit anyway.

"Okay, Denver, to start off, I want to apologize again for making you feel like the girls were more important," Andrew says with his "Dad voice" in full force.

"It's all good. I forgive you," I reply, trying to speed this up. I truly forgive them, so why do I have to sit here for the next twenty minutes.

"No, it's not all good. We made you feel like we didn't love you," Andrew says sternly.

"And I know I said this at the school, but I don't want those words to ever leave your mouth ever again. We would care if you were gone, you are our world. I would be lost without you. Do I make myself clear?" Andrew says in full-on Dad mode.