Chapter 28~Empty Classroom

"Okay, Denver, it's only two weeks. You can do this. You can last that long without him." I say to myself in the mirror. I'm supposed to be checking my outfit, but at this rate, I don't give a rat's ass about what I look like. I just want Austin. These two weeks are going to be hell. It could have only been three days, but no. Austin couldn't keep his temper in check and just had to cuss out our principal. I'm going to have to find a way to hide from Finn because god knows he didn't get punished for anything.

Deciding my outfit is suitable enough, I grab my black denim jacket to add an extra layer. I'm not going to be able to steal Austin's hoodies anytime soon, so I guess I'll have to wear my own clothes for a change. Austin always has gives me his hoodie to wear when I get cold. Before I start crying over not having him at school again, I walk down the stairs.

"Hey baby, are you ready to go," Andrew asks, handing me a granola bar.

"I guess so," I mumble, making it obvious I'm sad in hopes of getting comfort.

"Awh honey, It'll be okay. These two weeks will fly by," Andrew says, pulling me into a hug and kissing my head.

"No, they won't. I'll be all alone," I reply, his chest muffling my reply. Honestly, I'm on the verge of breaking down.

"Hey Drew, have you seen my- what's wrong with Denver?" Jack asks, coming down the stairs looking for something.

"Your backpack is by the couch, where I told you to get it from last night," Andrew answers, not even needing Jack to finish his sentence. It must be the dad in him.

"Oh yeah, sorry. What's up, Den?" Jack asks again, heading to the living room to get his backpack.

"He's just worried about school without Austin. Are you almost ready?" Andrew quickly replies.

"Are you worried about Finn? Hopefully, that moron got it through his thick skull when Austin slammed it into the tile," Jack says, shrugging on his jacket hanging by the door.

"But Austin isn't there," I answer after I wince at the tile comment.

"We all will be there though, Nothing bad is going to happen," Andrew says, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

As I walk down the hallway, all eyes are on me, and I absolutely hate it. If Austin were here, he would do something stupid to make all the attention go to him instead of me because he knows I hate attention. But he's not, so I have to walk to my locker with roaming eyes and soft whispers pointed in my direction. I have no idea how I went through a school day without a friend, it's so dull, and I feel like people judge me. Austin has really been the best thing that has happened to be in a while. 

Before I even make it to my locker, I see him. Finn. Why! I've only been here ten minutes, for fucks sake. I've already failed at hiding from him because he obviously sees me, and he's coming toward me. Being the mature fifteen-year-old I am, I just turn around and walk as fast as I can to the closest empty classroom, shutting the door behind me and leaning against it. Finn must have seen me go in here before I closed the door because not even thirty seconds later, he's opening the door with me still leaning against it. My weight does nothing to help hold the door; all it does was scoot across the floor when the door opened.