Chapter 24~ Coffee and Donuts

I love donuts. Donuts and iced coffee are just a magical combination. Austin, the precious human, just brought me my favorites from Dunkin', and I think he's now my favorite. He had an early morning doctor's appointment, so he could stop and get us breakfast. I love that he always thinks of me when doing anything; it makes me feel special. Once he walks through the door, he goes to take his seat beside mine.

"Here, pretty boy. I hate that I'm feeding your unhealthy caffeine addiction, but I figured you needed something other than my presence to brighten your day," he says as he hands me my food and drink.

"It's not an addiction, but thank you," I say, already opening the bag.

"Well, at least you're actually eating something, even if it's just sugar," he says, shaking his head and smiling.

"Mr. Johnson did you just give my little brother sugar and caffeine," Andrew asks in a teasing tone making the class laugh.

"Yeah, and he has to go home with you," Austin teases back.

I glare at him with my mouth full of strawberry goodness. It just makes his smirk grow. Okay, maybe sugar and caffeine together make me a little jittery.

"Yeah, he does, but you have to spend the rest of the day with him," Andrew says, still teasing.

"Ahh, I see how my plan has backfired," Austin says and laughs.

A few minutes later, I get up to throw my bag and coffee cup. I smirk at both of the asshats on the way back.

"Denver, I swear I've not heard you talk this much all week," Austin says, laughing and eating his sandwich. We are sitting at our lunch table in the corner of the lunchroom.

"Hey, you're the one who always says I'm too quiet," I reply, getting a laugh out of him.

"It's Friday!" I say suddenly. I've been so busy with school work and trying to avoid Finn, mostly avoiding Finn, that I haven't even realized it's Friday.

"And they call you the smart one," he teases.

"Hey, I've been busy today," I tease back.

"Doing what avoiding Finn?" He says in a more severe tone

"What else can I do?" I ask hoping he has a magical answer

"Confront him, or let me." He answers

Well, he's all out of magic today. He used it all, getting me coffee and donuts. 

"Hell no," I answer, dumbfounded that he even suggested that to me.'

"Denver, you have to say something at some point." He says, giving me a pointed look.

"No I don't," I say, crossing my arms to prove a point.