Chapter 20~ The Truth

*IMPORTANT*

Okay so you have probably noticed that this story is heading in the direction of a boyxboy story. With that being said, I would like to point out that I am a straight female. I have no idea what it is like to be someone in the LGBTQ+ community. I apologize if i ever say anything inappropriate or offensive. That's the last thing I want to do. If I do say something, please educate me. I will fix it immediately and I will know for next time. 

Austin's P.O.V

Denver is sitting beside me with a book in his hand. We have the type of friendship where we could sit with each other in silence for hours, and it would never be awkward. Denver and I haven't been friends for long, but I'm so glad I talked to him on my first day. Looking over at him, I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to be friends with him. He's hilarious once you get him to open up and trust you, and he's got this look that immediately had me wrapped around his finger.

I really don't see how anyone could ever be hurt him, he has a precious soul. I know people are. More specifically, I know Finn is. He hasn't ever told me about Finn, but I see how he looks when Finn is anywhere near him. He honestly looks terrified. I don't really want to ask him about it because I don't want to pry. He has told me about his parents, the man at the mall, and his brother's exes. He's been through so much and didn't have anyone to help him through it. So I have made a pact with myself. I will never do anything to hurt him. If anyone tries to hurt him, they will have to go through me first.

Despite all of these things, he's still just a big baby. He's literally the cutest human being. It's not even his looks that make him cute, even though he is attractive, its the little things he does that makes him adorable. Like how he always brings at least two books with him at all times because he might Finnish one, or at the movies, he will laugh into your shoulder to keep from drawing attention to himself. The list goes on and on. Denver looks up from his book and catches me staring at him. We are supposed to be watching a movie, but he got bored with it, so I'm watching a movie and reading.

"What?" He asks grinning

"Nothing just thinking," I reply, smiling at the boy.

"Oh," he says, sliding his bookmark in his book, giving me his full attention.

We are watching a movie in his room. Fairy lights are illuminating his face while he watched me intently. Watching him put the bookmark in, I see a scar I've never noticed before. It's on his arm, and it's about three inches long. It's faint, you would really have to be looking to see it. Growing curious, I decide to question him. 

"where did you get that?" I ask, pointing to the scar.

He instantly tries to hide it. He acts like if I couldn't see it anymore, it would be erased from my memory.

"I fell," he says.

Even though that is something that could definitely happen to Denver. He is the clumsiest person I have ever met. I instantly know he's lying.

"Denver, you are a terrible liar," I tell him bluntly.