Chapter 25~Voice Cracks

The weekend, unfortunately, did not last forever. This may be the only Monday I will ever be excited for, though. Austin is staying with us this week because his Mom has to go on a business trip. So, I get to spend all day, every day with Austin, which is fantastic. Andrew doesn't let us have friends over on school nights, but considering the circumstances, he is making an exception.

My brothers seem to really like Austin. They have even stopped watching every move he makes, well mostly. At this point, they have just accepted the fact that he's not going anywhere and that he isn't another Matt.

"Denver, what do you want to eat? We have time to stop at McDonald's for breakfast," Andrew asks, flipping on his turn signal.

For one in our entire lives, we are not late. I think we need to turn around and try again because something isn't right.

"My usual," I answer him, not even bothering to look up from my phone.

After we all get our food from the window, we pull out and head to school. Ryan hands me my biscuit from his spot in the passenger seat.

"Thank you," I say, taking the biscuit, but halfway through my voice cracks, and Jack starts cracking up.

"Hahaha, looks like our baby brother had his first real voice crack," Jack says while he grabs my checks.

Fuck you, Jack. Sometimes I really want to push him out of the truck window.

I can feel my face heat up. I am so embarrassed, even if it's just with my brothers. I don't like being the center of attention.

"Jack, leave him alone," Andrew says, trying to be authoritative, but he's laughing too hard. You know what, you too, Andrew.

"There more where that came from, little one," Andrew says, giving up on being authoritative.

I feel my face heat up even more. I want to crawl in a hole and die, final verdict.

"Awe I hope it doesn't get too deep, I can't imagine my baby with a deep voice," Ryan says

"I didn't even think of that, I really hope it doesn't," Andrew says, his laughter stopping.

"Let's hope not, little brother, because it would suck if you ended up sounding like The Rock," Jack says, laughing at his own joke.

I don't think I have ever been so glad to see the school building; I want away from my three brothers so bad right now. As soon as Andrew has parked, I'm out of the truck and heading towards the school. I need to find Austin and tell him about my traumatic car ride.

                                                                                     Austin's P.O.V