Chapter 19~Introducing

It's been a week since Austin and I became friends, if that's what you would call us. We've sat with each other every day at lunch, and we talk all the time. I kinda forgot what it was like to have a friend, It's nice always having someone. School has gotten better. Finn has slacked off a bit since Austin came into the picture.

It's Monday, which means all I want to do is crawl back in bed. At least it's lunchtime, so I'm halfway through the day. I go through the line, grab some food that I won't eat, and I go to find our usual seats. When I get there, Austin is already sitting in his seat across from me, chowing down on a sandwich.

"Hey, pretty boy," he says with his mouth full.

"Hey," I say and make an overdramatic face at his mouth full of chewed up food.

"Why ain't ya eating today," He says once he has chewed up the food in his mouth.

"Because it looks disgusting, and you know my rules. If it smells or looks bad, I'm not going to eat it," I say, sliding my tray to my left.

"Whatever weirdo," he says playfully as he shakes his head.

And that's when Jack, who isn't even supposed to be at lunch right now, sits down on my right side and hooks his arm around my neck.

"When are you going to introduce me to your little friend?" He says, smirking at me.

"I'm Austin," Austin says, taking the lead of the conversation, like always.

"Well, Austin, I'm Jack. This one's big brother," he says, tightening his hold on me to indicate I'm the one he's talking about. Like Austin couldn't tell already.

"So I've heard," Austin says, flashing his smile at me.

"All good things I hope" Jack teases

"Mostly," Austin teases back, but even though I know he's joking, my eyes still get big.

"Mr.Taylor," a voice that I don't recognize says sternly.

Jack and I both turn around, but they are more than likely to be yelling at Jack.

"Well shit, I'm caught. You better not hurt my baby, Austin, or we will have problems, " Jack says, getting up and walking over to the lady who yelled at him.

My cheeks burn from the nickname.

"Well, he seems nice," Austin says jokingly while he takes another bite of sandwich.

I just groan and put my fold my arms on the table and put my head in them.

"No, he's annoying," I say through my arms.

"Nah, pretty boy, he just wants to make sure you're okay," he says, and I pull my head away from my arms.