Seven~

The roads weaved and twirled, if I was naturally born above I could only dream of the image the world paints upon the surface, the image changing everyday from landscape to weather, to color arrangements. It's all very exhilarating if you come to think of it, the sky's reflected surface and the things their clouds produce from just within it.

The changing moved me in literal and internal ways of thinking. It was as if I was reading this book with many twists. Of course the road has had its thorns, but it's also had its easing moments where you could see everything from a peeking point, not from a trench where everything seemed all stuffy and darkened. To be honest, the journey alive was at most and Andrew was more interesting than I'd ever dreamed to imagine. I guess I underestimated his worth, but I was still sure that Dennis was my true and only one.

"Anna," a voice crept upon me as I jerked upright in my seat. "We've made it to the hotel." Andrew whispers. I let out a small groan and roll my head to the side, hazy eyes settling on his shaded ones. "I'll go grab your things and meet you inside." He gives me a small, quick smile before leaving me alone to trudge beyond the cars door to the uneven ground below.

I manage my way in and settle myself down in the bed next to Andrew's. I heard the light click off after my eyes were swallowed in black, hearing the bed beside mine creak under Andrew's weight. Tonight I dreamt of tomorrows possibilities.

-

I yawn, stirring awake the next morning. I turn on my side and look toward Andrew, still left under the thin sheet, snoring softly. I smile without meaning to and slide from underneath the sheets of my own. Andrew stirs.

"Anna?" He says in a hoarse, drowsy voice. He wasn't fully awake yet and I make my way to the side of his bed where he faces, sitting down at the side of it.

"Yes?" I answer softly.

"You're so beautiful." He mumbles on. I stand abruptly, my face warm as I bite at the lower of my lip. He couldn't have meant it.

Instead of answering I get up and start to make the bed I slept in seem a little neater, making Andrew his coffee, and going down to get us some food from the lobby.

"Anna?" Andrew asks as I reenter the room.

"I got you a muffin, I hope that's alright." I say as I sit down on my own bed to open the package. He comes by me and takes a seat there, opening his own in tense silence. There is a question burning on the tip of his tongue, I can sense it, but he fills his mouth with muffin instead.

The simplicity of a storm, the tapering on the glass screen, the fresh dew on the green grass. It smells of something unlike anything else, the rain not necessarily drowning the dry fields, but bringing to them life. It's like a kiss of the earth, the storm washing away the dark and clearing away the skies, a rainbow smiling up above...

"Anna, can I ask you something?" Andrew finally starts. He gets up now, pacing.

"Of course." I say as I sit up, leaning in to know more, eager to know what comes next.

"Never mind, we best be getting by." He says and leaves the room. I'm left gaping after him, something empty taking over the small of my gut, slowly filling, though now full.

"Andrew," I say in a small breath. I get up, tossing the muffin away before packing up my things, waiting beyond the window where the rain drowns everything else in the world out. It was so peaceful with so much serenity and freedom, hope startling and daring. By the time Andrew comes back in the room, I jump and clutch at my heart. "Give me a heart attack why don't you!" I say short of breath.

Such remarks of curtesy. The lock of ocean blue, the blue I've sailed forth and back on, the lips of such smile and gentleness. Head of waves that drown in such grace, grazing over the fairness of white skin. The water pouring into me as I'm engulfed in confusion and pretense...

"Sorry Anna, I didn't know I'd startle you like that." He bows his head in dismay and I follow his gesture with a frown.

"There is no need for that." I say and swallow down harshly, nervous as I run the frail of my forearm.

"We should..." he turns to face me and nods to my bags. "I'll get those for you." He says and grabs my bags. He heads out and shortly after I follow, mumbling to myself.

"Am I really lovely at sight?"

"You coming!" He shouts before his car, me hustling over in the dress I wear...