Tweleve~

"You truly are beautiful," he whispers into my hair. I smile warmly and continue to wade through to the other side. He follows behind me, reaching for the hand that I pull away and send back with a fist full of water. He laughs and starts to run after me, I trip and we end up going all the way under, Andrew pulling me to his body as I gasp and shiver. He lifts my feet up above the waters surface and carries me back across to shore where he sets me down with grace and returns to me with a balled up hand of clothing. "The changing rooms are right there if you'd like to change first, I'll be right here if you need me for anything." Andrew says with a flushed face, smiling in his own mesmerizable way. I do as instructed, Andrew later joining me to lay the wet of our clothes out flat on the trunk.

By the time we're in the car, Andrew drops a hand from the steering wheel, placing it over mine.

"That was exhilarating!" I say with such cheer.

"Write about it." Andrew shrugs, taking his hand back, the warmth of it leaving me that quickly.

"I can't just write about you." I instruct with a sly bit of laughter.

"In context you can write about anything as thoroughly as you see fit. This is your journal and it is best to write about all of your experience, all of the people in it." I blush and bite at my lip momentarily.

"But you read what I write! You mustn't go about flattering yourself!" I say and laugh as I unbind my journal with semi numb fingers, digging around the car for my sacred pen.

"I could only imagine flattering myself, but in truth, you would be the one aiming to flatter me in doing so, because you're the only writer here and you're incapable of escaping your own heart. Your heart is what is pure and it would never lie to you though it may seem unclear at times." He pauses and looks at me briefly. "Writing is your escape unlike it may be with other things.

-

There are these brief moment where it all feels though okay, and like there is nothing more than us in life, nothing more than my own peace and serenity. It feels as if everything is incapable of changing at the very moment, and I wouldn't want it to.

The water was cool from the moment we slipped under, and just like a single kiss shared between to foreign lips, it equally took my breath away. For a moment, I felt free, not frozen or stuck in place. Then he lifted me up from my place and clung onto me as if I was his place to be, as if my safety was all he became to live for.

How things can so freely seem to change without the minimal notice of anything other than what is already owned to us. What was once owned up as normal now something other than that as there is always a first waiting to become of us, to allow us to live on and learn from. He was that first, and for once, I'm not so alone.

-

The next stop we pulled into was late that night, Andrew supporting me as I went on. Tonight there were enough rooms open for Andrew and I to get our own, and though I was tired, I had to get back to Dennis sooner or later, and that is what my attentions were to sleep on tonight.

"I do wish to say one thing, though best beyond letter, for if you were here I'd be left upon one knee to ask you of a question, of infinity. I know you are far, and I know through letter seems best unfit, but I truly do love you and I'm ready to give you more than my heart, give you my own home and my own last name. Make me yours in the time that you'll allow me to make you mine and I swear, I will continue with you wherever it is you'd like."

What do I respond like from this far away?

Dear Dennis,

If only words could conjure to tell you the tale that I've had just lived. It does shame me to know you're so far yet, but there will be a time when I return to you for home. Only then can I shamefully give you an answer to your demand. It was unnecessary of you to ask so soon, especially through letter as you had.

I guess it's just been a long day and I'm unsubtly unsure of what to say at the time of night. I'm tired but I knew I should at least grant you a good night and a wish to have the letter to you soon.

I do love you Dennis, I'm sure of it. But only time can tell you your own answer.

Love your Rose.

-

"Anna, are you awake?" There was a light rapping on my door and I open it in a haze. "Awe, how beautiful you do look." Andrew jokes and kisses my forehead after I allow him in. He sits himself on the edge of my bed, me joining in after him after I shut the door behind his once retreating figure.