Eighteen~

"There are multiple types of journalism and now we will explore an interventional one, one where you go an interview people, try to find out their story. You up for the challenge?" Andrew asks. We where strolling through a tree path that led us into an opening, a waterfall spouting out in the middle. It was beautiful.

"But who do I go to?" I ask shyly. It's not that I was nervous of people, but to ask them for their story, that was a bigger picture.

"Do you see that old couple over there?" He asks, pointing to where two old people sat on the rim of the water fall. I nodded my head in reply. "This isn't a background check, all you have to do is ask how they met, jot down some key words, and put it together in the end!" He says cheerfully. I look dumbfounded . "Oh come on, it's simple."

"If you insist," I say with a deep breath. I clench and unclench my fists as I near them, clearing my throat along the way. "Excuse me," I say before them.

"Well, hello there miss." The elder man says in a brisky voice.

"Can we help you?" The lady asks in a voice of honey.

"Actually, yes." I start off as I twirl a pen in my head, between my fingers in a weaving motion. "You see, I'm working towards becoming a journalist and I'm to be interviewing people. I couldn't help but see the two of you together, may I ask how you met?" The couple look at each other with laughter in their eyes.

"That was so long ago," the man chuckles. I smile warmly.

"For what I can remember is that it started back in junior high..." the older woman starts.

-

"I was walking down the halls, nearly blind as a bat with my things resting on my hip. That's when I ran into something hard, or should I say someone. My things fell, and just like you see in the movies, I'd went down to get them and found his hand instead. I'd looked up and searched around for my glasses as he'd gently placed them back on my head.

"Finally able to see, I gasped at the sight of him and knew he was the one. From there on out we'd been together through all proms and soon married after school. I can remember it like it was yesterday, me walking down the aisle, him saying I do. It was magnificent in one nights worth."

"I'd always thought I'd find my dream girl when I was older, maybe some famous girl that had it all for me. Once I ran into Mary, I didn't have a clue as to what to say. I'd never before been some clumsy in my life with things, and here I was, a mess!

"I can't believe it when she said yes, or our honeymoon to Paris where we kissed under the Eiffel Tower. It was a dream come true for me, and that's when I learned that money could never buy love, nor my heart."

-

"That's really good for being your first day out in the field." Andrew says through a wide grin. "I swear, Anna, you have this unbelievable talent!"

"I think you're being melodramatic," I respond with a blush of the cheek. "I just wrote what they'd said in shorter terms." I say honestly.

"But that's my wrong of you to do." He states as we drive on.

"Well then I'm glad I've flattered you once more." I say with a small laugh of my own.

"You tend to do that more than you know," he says without a glance at me. To think of me never seeing him blush, I could only swear that I caught a glimpse of red on him.

"Andrew..." I stop and look away. "Never mind." I finish.

"No, what was it?" He asks. I shake my head with a coy grin.

"It doesn't matter as to what it was, because it's no longer what is." I say quizzically. He laughs.

"Okay crazy lady," he says kindly. I push on him and smile.

"I think you missed our turn, by the way." I say with a snicker. He looks behind us in an instant and then groans.

"Thanks." He says bitterly.

"Oh, don't be like that," I say in a cheery voice. "Just means more time spent with me."

-

We stop at a restaurant for food, sitting down a girl waitress comes to greet us, eyeing up Andrew. I glare at her, but she doesn't see.

"What can I get y'all to eat t'night?" She says with an accent. Looking towards Andrew, I but in an tell her my order abruptly, my voice risen. Andrew looks to me shocked, the girl giving me a forced smile, though teeth gritted.

"Anna?" Andrew asks, the girl cutting in as they talk some yet. I stand and leave. "Anna!" Andrew shouts after me.

"Just leave'er," the girl says. Andrew obeys and I sit back in the car. Next time I see Andrew he's carrying my food in a bag to-go.

"Anna what the hell is going on with you!" He shouts at me. I turn to him and glare.

"I'm not the problem, you are." I say in a slightly raised voice. I was trying so hard to keep my calm.

"How am I the problem?" He says as he slams the door after him, forcing food my way.

"I'm not eating that," I say loud and clear.

"That wasn't an answer Annabella!" He says, voice risen.

"The answer doesn't matter." I say in a low voice.

"Nothing seems to matter to you so what's the point in any of this?" He says in agony.

"You matter to me!" I say before slamming a hand viciously over my mouth. "Did I really..." I say in a sad voice. I was hating myself right now, my face burning.

"What do you mean Anna?" He says in a calmer tone.

"I think I'm in love with you..."