Twenty Two~

Alone in the midst of the night, I sit awake in a dim light where I write what's been asked of me the night before... I'm going to right about them, one by one.

-

"Dear Andrew,

I had no intentions of falling as I'd done so, you've always managed to get on my nerves yet come back so soon, soon enough to make me smile. It's insane, the way your whole face lifts when you smile yourself, the hidden dimples in your cheeks coming out.

I love the green of your eyes and I've never seen any other that green in my life, the way your hair curls just above them in light, golden waves. I love how masculine you let off from height to muscles, and to the fact that your voice is so deep that it can send shivers straight through me.

I'm glad I'd met you, I'm glad I've fallen because you showed me the highlights of a new world without leading me on to encounter the worse as I'm sure there where. My favorite one was in the garden where I felt at home again, felt as if I could touch all the roses surrounding me... I still can't believe the first time you'd kissed me, it's not that I hadn't wanted it or anything, but it was my first actually kiss and I loved the feeling of your soft lips on my own. That itself warmed the blood in not only my face, but my veins.

I know we struggle, I know we fight, but in the end, I imagine you're closer to right then I was ever. It's not that I'm entirely wrong, but look at the times that I've made mistakes and fallen, your arms so sturdy as they hold me up at night-"

"Rose?" Dennis' voice breaks in.

"I'll be back in bed in just a few minutes, get some rest." I call back as I turn again to the paper I write on.

"-What I'm meaning to say is that you're not all bad and I do imagine me loving you but there isn't much more I can say to show you now that I'm back home with someone else.

I love you, I truly believe I do,

Anna."

-

Bright and early, I set out to write again.

"Dear Dennis,

Over the years you have grown my home, your arms strong and firm and your hand formed perfectly to fit entwined with my own. Your darker eyes hold secrets, feelings for me that not even I know. It's a mystery just like some foreign land.

I've come accustomed to all your perks and your flaws and am ready to take you on. I guess I'm not sure what all to say, but to say something like this is never enough... I love you, and that is no lie, dare I say it. I cannot be assumed to choose, but to think of everything we alone have gone through. There isn't something I wouldn't do with as much trust as has grown between the two of us.

I do remember the roses, and I always will, how I've been so clumsy as to prick myself on the very needle like of a thorn. It was silly of me, though it hadn't hurt one bit, your kindness healing not only my finger wound, but my spirit. You've lifted me in so many ways and I've asked way to much of you already.

I wish I didn't make you wait but there so much more I need to see you for. Inside your heart is where everything you feel for me lies. It's a big thing to ask you for yet again, but your heart is so big and proud, and I know you'd never disappoint, I know that you'll always be by my side in a blink of an eye if I were injured or hurt.

So thank you for everything you've ever held out for me and thank you for allowing me to have such a great outlook on life, and such an admirable nickname.

I hope you forever love,

Rose."

-

I was back in the hotel, my body drowsy and my head a mess. Walking in, Andrew looked at me with wider eyes than normal.

"Are you okay?"

"Don't even bother." I say with a yawn.

"Why don't you get some more rest." He insists.

"What will you do?" I ask through dreary eyes.

"Walk around town with Dennis." He says almost instantly. I laugh, coughing right after I'd done so.

"What's up with you two anyways?" I ask accusingly.

"Nothing!" He answers with a small laugh of his own. "I promise you that nothing is going on between us. Now get some rest, you need it more than anything right now. I'm a big boy, I can manage myself."

"Goodnight Andrew, tell Dennis I said good night as well." I give him a smile and lay myself down on the bed. I yawn again and turn my back on him as I drift back off to sleep, imaging all the things he could manage to be doing with Dennis.

It was a longer nap then what I had intentions for, but I woke up to a note on the bedside table with a small handful of money underneath it. It read:

"Good morning my dearest Rose, Petal, go at it and get your daily glass of coffee, we'll be home around three."

And so I left. Sitting down and the bar side table, I meet up with Marge who gets my steaming glass right away and listen to her quickened laughter.

"I thought you weren't coming, thought you left us again." Now I stifle a laugh.

"I always come back. Simply had a long nights wake."

"I see, well I hope that glass there wakes you up some. Saw the two men of yours here this morning, sipping away at glasses of their own and laughing up a storm." I raise an eyebrow but think better not to.