Chapter 21| Same Room, Same Bed.

"Here we are." I said with a big smile as Ace and I stood in front of my house.

It was a long, slim two-story beige house at the corner of the street. It had a beautiful front yard since my mom took very good care of it. As well as having a backyard big enough for barbecues and family.

After taking a good look at my house that I hadn't seen in a long time, I ran to the front steps of the small patio and rang the doorbell frantically. I was so excited!

I heard Ace chuckle behind me and just then, the door clicked opened revealing my mom.

"Ahh! Hi, mom!" I yelled and immediately hugged her.

"My gosh Maya! How are you? Your father and I have missed you so much." She said as we pulled away and she had a big smile on her face. She looked almost like me with blonde hair except that hers was lighter and shorter. She had a nice kind face and a few wrinkles forming in the corners of her eyes when she smiled.

"I've missed you guys too." I said smiling. Then her eyes flickered behind be.

"And who might this handsome young man be Maya? Your new boyfriend?" She said teasingly.

I blushed. "Mom! He's just my friend and roommate."

Ace chuckled and I stuck out my tongue at him as my mom walked to where he was.

"Hi Mrs. Parker." He said, sticking out his hand for a formal hand shake.

"Oh skip the formalities. You can call me Ella." She said giving him a hug instead. "Any friend of Maya is a friend of mine as well. Now, why don't we walk in so you can meet the others?" She said, guiding Ace inside the house and passing right by me. "Oh and Maya, take his suitcase inside."

I furrowed my brows. Take his suitcase inside? What am I? A servant? Hell no am I getting this treatment as soon as I get back home. Ugh, Ace. Why does my mom have to be so friendly all the time? If only she knew him. He better not play the part of acting like a little angel cause he ain't that at all. Well actually, just not his personality. But his looks. Gees. Don't even get me started.

I grumbled as I picked Ace's suitcase and mines into the house.

I could hear my mom's voice as she showed Ace around the house. I followed them up the stairs like if I was their butler carrying their stuff.

"And over here are 3 bedrooms. Unfortunately, all three of them are taken. I'm so sorry Ace. You and Maya will have to take the basement." My mom said and I rose my brow in question. All the rooms were taken? Who was in my room?

"What do you mean all the rooms are taken?" I asked and she turned around to face me.

"We have your aunt and uncle staying for the week. Meaning that your two cousins are sleeping in your room. With that in mind, let's say hi to them." My mom said cheerfully and went to my room. "Hey girls, Maya and her friend are here!"

There I saw my two 16-year-old cousins. Jessica and Max.

Max was the more relaxed and cool cousin. Meanwhile, Jessica was a girly girl and quite annoying at times. Which if I had to pick who was my favorite, it'd be Max.

"Hey, guys." I said with a smile and waved.

Max was on her iPad with some headphones and took them off. "Hey, dude. Nice seeing you again."